Global Motion Capture Jacket Market – Introduction
- Motion capture (also referred to as mo-cap or mocap) is the process of digitally recording the movement of people. It is used in entertainment, sports, medical applications, ergonomics, and robotics. In film-making and game development, it refers to recording actions of actors for animation or visual effects. Motion capture jacket is based on motion technology and provides body performance based on movements made by the body. The body is synchronized with 3D technology and captures body, finger, and facial motion data in real-time. The motion can be recorded to analyze the tasks undertaken by humans during a day. Sensors embedded in the data-suit/motion capture jacket are connected by fiber-optic cables to computers which update the visuals 15 to 30 times a second.
Motion capture jacket used by researchers & scientists, and in medical professions
- Many different disciplines use motion analysis systems to capture movement and posture of the human body. Basic scientists seek a better understanding of the mechanisms which are used to translate muscular contractions about articulating joints into functional accomplishment, e.g. walking. Increasingly, researchers endeavor to better appreciate the mechanism of motion capture jackets and use it for body movements. Medical professionals use motion capture jackets in performing surgeries for impaired people. Surgeries are conducted after understanding different walking patterns through motion capture jackets. Clinicians determine the extent to which an individual’s gait pattern has been affected by an already diagnosed disorder.
Provides accurate and precise results
- Motion capture jackets give accurate, optimum quality results every time. Whether gaming, film, animation, TV broadcasting or live entertainment, its advanced inertial technology indicates that it provides accurate results from anywhere in the world. Motion capture jackets collect accurate data on the full range of human motion in any setting, with an inbuilt motion capture system. The inbuilt tiny motion trackers capture the smallest twitches to high dynamic movements on the body, ensuring full 3D motion analysis. Motion analysis data collection protocols, measurement precision, and data reduction models have been developed to meet the requirements of specific settings such as walking.
North America to Dominate the Global Motion Capture Jacket Market
- The global motion capture jacket market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global motion capture jacket market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, due to use of highly developed inertial sensors, advanced scientific laboratories and research institutes, extensive usage in sports such as basketball, volleyball, etc., and usage of smart wearable among athletes, which is projected to surge the sales of motion capture jackets.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia due to urbanization, high net disposable income, growing number of clinical gait analysis, and increase in number of medical professionals using motion capture jackets.
Key Players Operating in the Global Motion Capture Jacket Market
Major players operating in the global motion capture jacket market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Xsens, HoloSuit, NaturalPoint, Inc., and Qualisys AB are focusing on producing innovative motion capture jackets which are more precise in capturing motion. Majority of players are also aiming to improve the technologies to capture data and meet specific requirements.
Key players operating in the global motion capture jacket market include:
- NaturalPoint, Inc.
- Qualisys AB
- Corridor Digital
- Nike, Inc.
- Rokoko Electronics
- Gears Sports
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market – Research Scope
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Type
- Magnetic Motion Capture
- Mechanical Motion Capture
- Optical Motion Capture
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Size
- Others (XL, etc.)
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Consumer Group
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Price Range
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Application
- Sports & Games
- Films & Entertainment
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Motion Capture Jacket Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!