Millimeter Wave Sensors Market: Overview
Millimeter-wave radar sensors are a popular sensing technology that work in the millimeter-wave band, typically in the frequency range of 30–300 GHz (wavelength of 1–10 mm). The technology combines the benefits of microwave navigation and photoelectric navigation. The sub-mm range accuracy make millimeter wave sensors highly useful technology for wide range of applications that need these precision. The millimetre wave sensors market is garnering revenue gains from drones, medical applications, and in transportation. The technology has been extensively used in satellite remote sensing and missile navigation, as unlike other radar technology it is not affected by inclement weather conditions. An emerging application that promise vast opportunities for players in the millimeter wave sensors market are 5G communications.
Over the years, industry players are ebullient of its use in vehicle anti-collision sensor, particularly to boost the safety in railway transport. Ongoing studies on autonomous rail rapid transit (ART) systems are exploring the potential of millimeter-wave radar sensors. In many countries of the developed as well as developing world, millimeter-wave radar hold incredible potential as collision avoidance radar system in ultra-high-speed passenger railway trains. Besides the advances made in sensor, the market is also benefitting from strides made in circuit design and antenna technology.
Millimeter Wave Sensors: Introduction
- Millimeter wave sensors are the sensors that transmit signals in the millimeter (mm) range. Millimeter wave sensors transmit the signals of a short wavelength and operates in the spectrum between 30 GHz - 300 GHz.
- Millimeter wave sensors provide high accuracy in extreme weather and low visibility conditions, such as fog, smoke, and thunderstorm.
- Adoption of millimeter wave sensors is rapidly increasing in bandwidth-intensive applications, data-intensive services such as video streaming, video conferencing, media exchange over the internet, and high-speed online gaming. Increase in demand from consumer electronics, such as smartphones and wearable electronics is likely to boost the millimeter wave sensors market during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand in E- Band Frequency
- E-band frequency segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the millimeter wave sensors market during the forecast period.
- E-band frequency millimeter wave sensors are largely used in telecommunication equipment, telecommunications sector, radar, and satellite communications.
- The increasing demand for high-speed data transfer, communication originating from residential and commercial sectors such as data centers and IT offices, rise in demand from bandwidth-intensive applications, and demand for high-speed internet also propels the growth of the E-band frequency millimeter sensors market.
- Millimeter wave sensors are used in various sectors, such as military and defense, telecommunication, automotive (advanced avionics navigation systems, automotive long-range radar, and instrument landing systems), healthcare, and security. These uses propel the growth of the market.
- In January 2020, NCE Corporation developed a millimeter-wave distributed antenna radio unit for 5G millimeter-wave spectrum (uses millimeter wave sensor and modems) to improve the channel quality for indoor 5G applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Millimeter Wave Sensors Market
- In terms of region, the global millimeter wave sensors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global millimeter wave sensors market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of millimeter wave sensors operate in the region.
- North America is expected to witness the fastest growth in the millimeter wave sensors market during the forecast period due to early adoption of upcoming and emerging technology in the region, and increasing demand from countries such as the U.S. and Canada.
- Furthermore, the installation of new telecom equipment and radar systems based on millimeter wave sensors is expected to drive the market across the North America region.
- Asia Pacific holds the second largest share of the millimeter wave sensors market, attributed to developments and upgrades being carried out in the region’s telecom infrastructure.
- The millimeter wave sensors market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market
The global millimeter wave sensors market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for millimeter wave sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global millimeter wave sensors market include:
- Aviat Networks, Inc.
- Siklu Communication Ltd.
- E-band Communications LLC
- SAGE Millimeter, Inc.
- Bridge wave Communications, Inc.
- Farran Technology Ltd.
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Lightpointe Communications
- Millitech, Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- QuinStar Technology, Inc.
- Trex Enterprises Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Millimeter Wave Sensors Market, Request for a Sample
Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market: Research Scope
Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market, by Frequency Band
- Other Frequency Bands
Global Millimeter Wave Sensors Market, by Application
- Military & Defence
- Automotive & Transport
- Electronics & Semiconductor
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.