LED Integrated Silicon Chips: Introduction
- LED Integrated silicon chips are the result of new technologies being developed in LED and integrated circuits. The light equipment market has already seen the usage of light-emitting diodes that have many more applications than just illumination.
- Researchers in Germany have developed high-performance prototypes of blue and white LEDs. According to this technology, the light-emitting gallium-nitride layers are grown on silicon wafers with a diameter of 150 millimeters. In the LED market, silicon is expected to replace sapphire in the coming years.
- The development of LED integrated silicon chips for light sources are useful in microelectronics too. According to the newly developed technology, the fabrication of silicon chips with fully integrated LEDs are done in which LEDs are bright enough and respond better to any light sensor and communication technologies. Further advancements in this technology could lead to not only modernized manufacturing, but also better performance for nano-sized electronics.
- Silicon materials are used mostly for computer chips, since it is an abundant and economic semiconductor material. But when it has to deal with optical properties, it is not very compatible to use and does not respond quite well to light sources. Hence, engineers mostly avoid the usage of silicon material when they have to connect LED technologies to a device’s computer chip. These factors are expected to affect the LED integrated silicon chips market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of the Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
- The LED integrated silicon chips market is expected to be driven by factors such as the increasing application of LED integrated silicon chips in electronic equipment. Increased efficiency of the electronic equipment with the usage of LED integrated silicon chips over the other (Non-silicon based) ICs is also expected to drive the LED integrated silicon chips market, since LED’s operate at low voltage.
- In addition, cheaper manufacturing cost and advancements such as improving LED performance and efficiency of newly developed products is driving the overall market. Electronic gadgets are miniaturizing at a rapid rate along with their increasing demand. For this, the design and silicon material of LED integrated silicon chips forms a cleaner crystal surface because of its nature. This helps manufacturers to place the small LED integrated silicon chips inside the compact sized electronic equipment and reduce the equipment size.
- The silicon chips are useful enough and competitive for these micro-scale applications. Silicon material allows silicon integrated circuits to communicate with one another directly with light instead of electric wires. This is good for manufacturers because silicon has an indirect band-gap and does not normally emit light.
Recent Developments and Innovations Driving the LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
- Manufacturers have designed a silicon-based LED with specially engineered junctions that connects between different zones of the diode to enhance brightness. Manufacturers and researchers in consumer electronics and semiconductor industries are conducting innovations and developments in the product due to the increasing need for cost effective and miniaturized electronic components.
- On the other hand, in some electronic gadgets and devices, silicon-based CMOS chips are also used for computing; but, they are not efficient for illumination and communications, resulting in low efficiency and heat generation. This is why contemporary 5G mobile devices in the market heat up when used and could be shut down after a short time.
- In October 2019, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART), MIT’s research enterprise in Singapore, announced the successful development of a commercially viable way to manufacture integrated silicon III-V chips with high-performance III-V devices inserted into their design.
North America to Lead the Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
- The global LED integrated silicon chips market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for LED integrated silicon chips due to the presence of several key market players.
- Substantial investment in research and development by various end-user segments in the region are anticipated to drive the LED integrated silicon chips market in North America
- North American Institutes, researchers, manufacturers, and companies that are mostly based in the United States are also developing new and technologically advanced products in the market.
- On the other hand, the market in Asia Pacific is also growing at a fast pace due to the various new manufacturers emerging from India. China and Japan are already active in the market and working on silicon based products such as wafer fabrication and chip manufacturing.
Key Players Operating in the Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
Key players operating in the global LED integrated silicon chips market are:
- PRODUCTOS XUE S A S
- Intel Corp.
Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market: Research Scope
Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.