LDMOS Transistor: Introduction
- LDMOS transistor is a semiconductor device that is used in amplifiers, including microwave power amplifiers, RF power amplifiers, and audio power amplifiers.
- LDMOS stands for laterally-diffused metal-oxide-semiconductor; these are mostly metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor (MOSFET).
- LDMOS transistors are semiconductors manufactured to create a perfect p-n junction, where drain to source breakdown voltage usually is above 60 volts.
- According to type, LDMOS transistors are divided into two types - pulse and CW types, and these are used in various applications such as wireless infrastructure, ISM, aerospace & defense, telecom & satellite communications, radars, and others.
Rise in Demand for Use in Aerospace & Defense
- Aerospace & defense is the fastest growing segment of the LDMOS transistor market. LDMOS transistors are largely used in military applications for working in radio frequencies.
- In the defense sector, LDMOS transistors are mostly used for automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast, various military applications, communications information warfare, multi-band communication systems, surveillance radar, and distance measuring equipment, which is likely to propel the growth of the LDMOS transistor market during the forecast period.
- The telecom & satellite communication segment holds the second largest share of the global LDMOS transistor market due to the rise in use of RF LDMOS transistors in RF power amplifiers for cellular network infrastructure and wireless infrastructure network.
- In May 2019, Ampleon, the global semiconductor manufacturer based in the Netherlands launched a 2KW RF power LDMOS transistor namely ART2K0FE, for ISM applications. ART2K0FE is a 2KW transistor that operates at a frequency of 0 to 650MHz having air-cavity ceramic packaging.
Asia Pacific to Lead the LDMOS Transistor Market
- In terms of region, the global LDMOS transistor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global LDMOS transistor market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of LDMOS transistors operate in major Asian countries such as China, Japan, and Taiwan.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the LDMOS transistor market during the forecast period due to increasing industrialization in the region, a growing telecom and satellite communication sector, rising infrastructure-less networks, and installation of 5G and 6G in the region, which increases the demand for LDMOS transistors that operates in radio frequencies.
- North America holds the second largest share of the LDMOS transistor market due to an increase in demand from aerospace & defense end-use industries.
- The LDMOS transistor market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global LDMOS Transistor Market
The global LDMOS transistor market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for LDMOS transistors. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global LDMOS transistor market include:
- NXP Semiconductors
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
- Vanguard International Semiconductor Corporation
- Integra Technologies, Inc.
- Advanced Semiconductor, Inc.
- Polyfet RF Devices Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on LDMOS Transistor Market, Request for a Sample
Global LDMOS Transistor Market: Research Scope
Global LDMOS Transistor Market, by Product Type
Global LDMOS Transistor Market, by Applications
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Aerospace & Defence
- Telecom & Satellite Communications
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.