Isolation and Protection Devices: Introduction
- Isolation devices prevent damage to electrical circuits when one of them is in a fault condition. Isolation devices are used for isolating high voltage and low voltage circuits. The equipment are isolated using optocouplers.
- Protection devices are the nonlinear voltage clamping devices which are installed in parallel with the equipment for protection. Protection devices are under high impedance state in nominal supply voltage conditions.
- Protection devices are used for protection against surges from power lines, signal lines, feeder lines, and other line voltage surges. It can be used as class 1, 2, and 3 levels of protection.
- In recent years, isolation and protection devices have become important and have presence in a wide range of industries. These devices are implemented in electronic equipment which are sensitive to voltage peaks. Electronic equipment are found in offices, factories, and homes as well. In addition, protection devices are used in data communication lines with the exception of fiber optic as it is metal free.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Rising need to safeguard expensive electrical equipment
- The change in climatic conditions has caused irregularities which causes power surges. The intensity of power surges by lightning is very high when compared to other reasons of power surge. This is increasing the demand for surge protection devices.
- On the other hand, smaller surges which occur on a regular basis erode the electrical components, leading to failure of electrical systems. Malfunction of electrical equipment may cause financial loss. These factors are fueling the isolation and protection devices market.
Wide range of applications of isolation and protection devices
- Isolation and protection devices are used in various industries such as healthcare, consumer electronics, and automobile
- Increased purchasing power of consumer has led to spending on comfort electronic products. These expensive products have to be safeguarded from power surges. In addition, the industrial sector has supported the use of heavy machinery, automations systems, and high-end electronics, the failure of which may incur additional costs.
- However, lack of awareness about the benefits of isolation and protection devices along with lack of component testing and a long warranty claim process may hamper the growth of the market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to lead the global market
- In terms of region, the global isolation and protection devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The isolation and protection devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth can be attributed to rising industrialization, and increasing consumer spending power.
- In addition, factors such as increasing infrastructure investment, and good perception of benefits is propelling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific.
- The isolation and protection devices market in North America and Europe is likely to witness second highest growth rate (after Asia Pacific), while the market in Middle East & Africa is likely to show stagnant growth.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global isolation and protection devices market was highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansion to meet the growing demand for isolation and protection devices. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products and to gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global isolation and protection devices market include:
- Eaton Corporation,
- Schneider- electric. Co,
- Siemens AG,
- ABB Group,
- General Electric,
- Emerson Electric Co.,
- Littelfuse, Inc.,
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
Global Isolation and Protection Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Isolation and Protection Devices Market, by Applications
- Computer and Office Equipment
Global Isolation and Protection Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.