Integrated Brake Control Market: Introduction
- Integrated brake control is a single unit that comprises the non-vacuum electro-hydraulic (electro-mechanic) brake control system, which is fitted in the vehicle to reduce brake response time and increase efficiency of braking.
- This integrated unit replaces the need for a vacuum pump (in case of air brakes), vacuum booster, electronic stability control as well as depending sensors, switches, and controllers, making the unit cost effective. Furthermore, it reduces maintenance charges that are incurred by the other components mentioned above.
Key drivers of global integrated brake control market
- Innovative technologies such as integrated brake control are being incorporated in vehicles owing to consumer demand and to comply with various government legislations. Furthermore, the vehicle steering is fitted with steering turning angle sensors, which are integrated with the vehicle brake system, to improve vehicle handling and safety.
- Vehicle engine and transmission systems are being designed to work together to reduce vehicle emissions, decrease fuel consumption, increasing fuel economy, and comply with environmental norms to curb pollution. The integrated brake control unit can also offer regenerative braking, making the vehicle fuel-efficient, and recharge batteries in case of hybrid vehicles. Increasing fuel efficiency leads to reduced fuel consumptions and subsequently, lowered CO2 and NOX vehicle emissions.
- Adoption of various electronic systems that incorporate sensors and actuators is increasing owing to a rise in trend of preference toward automatic emergency braking systems, resulting into more complex electro-mechanical systems. However, the implementation of integrated brake control (IBC) system eliminates the need for several conventional brake components, resulting in 20% cost savings for vehicle manufacturers and reduction in overall weight by 11 lbs. (5 kg).
- The IBC can incorporate an anti-skid electronic stability control system, which further increases the overall braking performance of the vehicle by reducing braking time and vehicle skidding. For instance, an IBC unit developed by ZF Friedrichshafen AG installed in General Motor’s full-size pickups trucks incorporates anti-skid electronic stability unit to prevent vehicles from skidding on muddy and snowy terrain.
- All the factors mentioned above are driving the market for integrated brake control (IBC) systems
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Regenerative system segment to hold major share of integrated brake control market
- Rising trend toward autonomous vehicles (AVs), owing to driverless operation and stringent government regulations to reduce vehicle emission, is boosting the preference for electrical vehicles. An electric AV is fully capable of driving without human intervention. A regenerative braking technology enables the vehicle to charge the battery by utilizing the kinetic energy of the vehicle while braking.
- Demand for regenerative braking capable system is rising, as it increase vehicle efficiency and reduce strain on the vehicle battery
- On the other hand, a fully electronic brake control system reduces brake response time. This in turn, reduces braking distance by several meters, which can increase fuel economy of the vehicle. This system not only improves vehicle safety, but it is also easy to maintain.
- Integration of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Differential Slip Control (DSR), and Automatic Traction Control (ATC), together with fully electronic brake control system, further increases the effectiveness of the system. This in turn, drives the regenerative system segment.
Asia Pacific to dominate the global integrated brake control market
- China and India in Asia Pacific region are the world’s most populated countries. The automotive industry in Asia Pacific is witnessing a rapid expansion owing to economic growth in the region. For instance, according to the Ministry of Public Security in China, China had 319 million motor vehicles as of the end of June 2018, and this number increased to 340 million motor vehicles by end of June 2019. This indicates a rapid rise in sales of automobiles. This, in turn, has further increased the need for efficient vehicles in the region.
- Road safety regulations and standards and stringent government regulations pertaining to vehicle emissions are driving the demand for efficient braking system, thereby propelling the integrated break control market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Integrated Brake Control Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global integrated brake control market
The global integrated brake control market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global integrated brake control market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Hyundai Mobis
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
- Continental AG
- NISSAN MOTOR CORPORATION
- Wabtec Corporation
- Mercedes-Benz AG
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY
- GENERAL MOTORS
Global Integrated Brake Control Market: Research Scope
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Vehicle Propulsion System
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Technology
- Full Electronic Brake Control
- Regenerative System
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Component
- Hydraulic System
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Sales Channel
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.