Integrated Brake Control Market: Introduction
- Integrated brake control is a single unit that comprises the non-vacuum electro-hydraulic (electro-mechanic) brake control system, which is fitted in the vehicle to reduce brake response time and increase efficiency of braking.
- This integrated unit replaces the need for a vacuum pump (in case of air brakes), vacuum booster, electronic stability control as well as depending sensors, switches, and controllers, making the unit cost effective. Furthermore, it reduces maintenance charges that are incurred by the other components mentioned above.
Key drivers of global integrated brake control market
- Innovative technologies such as integrated brake control are being incorporated in vehicles owing to consumer demand and to comply with various government legislations. Furthermore, the vehicle steering is fitted with steering turning angle sensors, which are integrated with the vehicle brake system, to improve vehicle handling and safety.
- Vehicle engine and transmission systems are being designed to work together to reduce vehicle emissions, decrease fuel consumption, increasing fuel economy, and comply with environmental norms to curb pollution. The integrated brake control unit can also offer regenerative braking, making the vehicle fuel-efficient, and recharge batteries in case of hybrid vehicles. Increasing fuel efficiency leads to reduced fuel consumptions and subsequently, lowered CO2 and NOX vehicle emissions.
- Adoption of various electronic systems that incorporate sensors and actuators is increasing owing to a rise in trend of preference toward automatic emergency braking systems, resulting into more complex electro-mechanical systems. However, the implementation of integrated brake control (IBC) system eliminates the need for several conventional brake components, resulting in 20% cost savings for vehicle manufacturers and reduction in overall weight by 11 lbs. (5 kg).
- The IBC can incorporate an anti-skid electronic stability control system, which further increases the overall braking performance of the vehicle by reducing braking time and vehicle skidding. For instance, an IBC unit developed by ZF Friedrichshafen AG installed in General Motor’s full-size pickups trucks incorporates anti-skid electronic stability unit to prevent vehicles from skidding on muddy and snowy terrain.
- All the factors mentioned above are driving the market for integrated brake control (IBC) systems
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Regenerative system segment to hold major share of integrated brake control market
- Rising trend toward autonomous vehicles (AVs), owing to driverless operation and stringent government regulations to reduce vehicle emission, is boosting the preference for electrical vehicles. An electric AV is fully capable of driving without human intervention. A regenerative braking technology enables the vehicle to charge the battery by utilizing the kinetic energy of the vehicle while braking.
- Demand for regenerative braking capable system is rising, as it increase vehicle efficiency and reduce strain on the vehicle battery
- On the other hand, a fully electronic brake control system reduces brake response time. This in turn, reduces braking distance by several meters, which can increase fuel economy of the vehicle. This system not only improves vehicle safety, but it is also easy to maintain.
- Integration of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Differential Slip Control (DSR), and Automatic Traction Control (ATC), together with fully electronic brake control system, further increases the effectiveness of the system. This in turn, drives the regenerative system segment.
Asia Pacific to dominate the global integrated brake control market
- China and India in Asia Pacific region are the world’s most populated countries. The automotive industry in Asia Pacific is witnessing a rapid expansion owing to economic growth in the region. For instance, according to the Ministry of Public Security in China, China had 319 million motor vehicles as of the end of June 2018, and this number increased to 340 million motor vehicles by end of June 2019. This indicates a rapid rise in sales of automobiles. This, in turn, has further increased the need for efficient vehicles in the region.
- Road safety regulations and standards and stringent government regulations pertaining to vehicle emissions are driving the demand for efficient braking system, thereby propelling the integrated break control market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Integrated Brake Control Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global integrated brake control market
The global integrated brake control market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global integrated brake control market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Hyundai Mobis
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
- Continental AG
- NISSAN MOTOR CORPORATION
- Wabtec Corporation
- Mercedes-Benz AG
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY
- GENERAL MOTORS
Global Integrated Brake Control Market: Research Scope
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Vehicle Propulsion System
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Technology
- Full Electronic Brake Control
- Regenerative System
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Component
- Hydraulic System
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Sales Channel
Global Integrated Brake Control Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.