Injection Laser Diode: Introduction
- An injection laser diode is a semiconductor device that produces coherent radiation, which means all waves are at the same frequency and phase when current is passed through the device.
- Injection laser diode semiconductors are small and are made of very thin slices of semiconducting material. They are very carefully manufactured to create a perfect p-n junction.
- Based on type, injection laser diodes are divided into blue laser diode, red laser diode, infrared laser diode, and others. They are used in optical storage & display, telecom & communication, industrial applications, medical applications, military & defense, instrumentation & sensors, and other applications.
Rise in Demand for Blue Laser Diode
- Blue laser diode is the fastest growing segment of the injection laser diode market. A blue laser diode emits electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength between 405 and 483 nanometers; the human eye sees this range of color as blue.
- The rise in implementing innovative technologies in laser projectors to achieve better display quality, increasing demand for high-quality displays, rise in use of laser phosphor as a light source instead of traditional lamps, increasing use of laser projectors which use blue laser diodes as a light source, and rise in investments in research and development related to blue laser diodes is expected to propel the growth of the blue laser diode market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, blue laser diodes are being used for multiple applications including welding, and 3D printing of metals including copper and gold in material processing.
- The medical application segment holds significant share of the global injection laser diode market due to the rise in demand for injection laser diodes in the healthcare sector as they assist physicians, rise in demand for cosmetic surgery procedures, and increasing dermatological treatments such as contouring, skin resurfacing, wrinkle and pigmentation reduction, and tattoo removal, all of which is likely to boost the growth of the global injection laser diode market during the forecast period.
- In January 2020, Ushio, Inc. a Japanese company launched a new 660nm red laser diode, which produces an output power of 200mW CW/400mW pulsed. These high-power laser diodes provide a built-in monitoring photo-diode at the lasing wavelength.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Injection Laser Diode Market
- In terms of region, the global injection laser diode market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global injection laser diode market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of injection laser diode operate in major Asian countries such as China, Japan, and India.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the injection laser diode market during the forecast period due to increasing industrialization in the region, which drives the demand for injection laser diodes for various applications. The Asia Pacific semiconductors market is impacted by the strong domestic demand for injection laser diodes, causing the market to become the largest in the world.
- North America holds the second largest share of the injection laser diode market due to an increase in demand from healthcare, and military & defense end-use industries.
- The injection laser diode market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Injection Laser Diode Market
The global injection laser diode market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for injection laser diodes. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global injection laser diode market include:
- Panasonic Semiconductor Solutions Co., Ltd.
- ROHM Co., Ltd.
- IPG Photonics Corp.
- Sharp Corp.
- Coherent, Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- JDS Uniphase Corp.
- Jenoptik AG
- Newport Corp.
- Trumpf GmbH + Co. KG
- Rofin-Sinar Technologies, Inc.
- Nichia Corporation
- TOPTICA Photonics
- Ushio, Inc.
- Egismos Technology Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Injection Laser Diode Market, Request for a Sample
Global Injection Laser Diode Market: Research Scope
Global Injection Laser Diode Market, by Type
- Blue Laser Diode
- Red Laser Diode
- Infrared Laser Diode
- Other Laser Diode
Global Injection Laser Diode Market, by Application
- Optical Storage & Display
- Telecom & Communication
- Industrial Applications
- Medical Applications
- Military & Defence
- Instrumentation & Sensor
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.