Global Incontinence Skin Care Products Market – Introduction
- Incontinence is the accidental or involuntary loss of urine from the bladder (urinary incontinence) or feces from the bowel (fecal incontinence). An estimated 25 million adults in the US experience this medical condition. While incontinence can occur at any age, it is most common in older adults. Urinary incontinence affects more than 50% of homebound elderly persons. Many of these individuals require incontinence skin care products. Using correct incontinence skin care products can prevent incontinence associated dermatitis and other infections. Cleansing the skin and using barrier creams is vital for keeping it healthy when it is in contact with moisture.
Incontinence skin care products prevent redness, pressure ulcers, and bacterial infection
- People with incontinence are at a greater risk of being afflicted with moisture-associated or pressure-related skin problems. Excess moisture may cause the buttocks, hips, and genital areas to become red and irritated. Such irritations may progress to ulcers, and yeast infections may develop. Cleaning the skin and applying moisturizers and protectants such as zinc oxide, lanolin, or petrolatum are effective ways to minimize skin damage resulting from adult incontinence. Consumers prefer cleansing, moisturizing, protecting, and treating the skin with extra care with incontinence skin care products which are affordable. These products remove redness, prevent bacterial and yeast infections, and soothes the skin.
Incontinence skin care products a barrier to perspiration and guards against urine infections
- Incontinence skin care products form a moisture barrier on the skin to prevent irritation. It also aids in protecting the surrounding skin and tissue from wounds. Incontinence creams and wipes also avoid burns and cuts. Application of a thin layer of this ointment to red or irritated skin two to four times daily after incontinence episodes protects the skin and promotes healing. Incontinence creams and skin care products help prevent itching and protects the skin after urination. These products strengthen immunity and prevents skin breakdown. The products are available in various sizes for consumers.
North America to Dominate the Global Incontinence Skin Care Products Market
- The global incontinence skin care products market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global incontinence skin care products market in 2020. The market in North America and Europe is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, and France, due to rapidly increasing geriatric population, and risks associated with bacterial growth and infection from incontinence, which is projected to surge the sale of incontinence skin care products in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to availability of incontinence skin care products at a reasonable price, urbanization, increase in number of incontinence products in the Asian market, growing medical systems, and growing number of incontinence dermatitis cases in countries such as China, India, Japan, and other countries in Southeast Asia.
Key Players Operating in the Global Incontinence Skin Care Products Market
Major players operating in the global incontinence skin care products market are likely to face intense competition during the forecast period. Prominent companies such as Calmoseptine Inc., 3M, Unilever, and Medline Industries, Inc. are focusing on decreasing fungal and bacterial infection, itching, and redness on the back, hips and genital areas. The companies also aim to provide products which offer cooling and soothing sensation to patients suffering from incontinence.
Key players operating in the global incontinence skin care products market include:
- Calmoseptine Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- DermaRite Industries, LLC.
- ConvaTec Inc.
- LoCost Medical Supply, LLC.
- AMF Incontinence
Global Incontinence Skin Care Products – Research Scope
Global Incontinence Skin Care Products, by Product Type
- Barrier Creams
- Shampoo & Body Wash
- Body Powder
Global Incontinence Skin Care Products, by Ingredients
- Zinc Oxide
- Others (Calamine, etc.)
Global Incontinence Skin Care Products, by Price Range
Global Incontinence Skin Care Products, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Website
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Incontinence Skin Care Products, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.