Hybrid Dual- Clutch Transmission: Introduction
- Hybrid dual-clutch transmission is an automated transmission in vehicles that helps reduce the time take to shift gears. Hybrid dual-clutch transmission uses two clutches; one for odd number gears (1, 3, and 5) and the other for even number gear (2, 3, and 4). The transmission utilizes sensors that sense the timing of upshift and downshift of gears.
- In hybrid dual-clutch transmission system, two clutches are arranged concentrically in which the larger outer clutch drives the even numbered gears, and the smaller clutch drives the odd-numbered gears. In 2019, Honda Motors introduced a hybrid dual-clutch transmission system in a 1.5 liter gasoline engine, 7 speed dual-clutch gearbox along with an electric motor for driving comfort.
Key Drivers of Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market
- Increase in passenger preference toward comfort while driving is propelling the hybrid dual- clutch transmission, as the dual-clutch helps reduce the time taken to shift gears. Additionally, a rise in the demand for hybrid and electric vehicles across the globe is projected to boost the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market. The dual-clutch transmission helps reduce the gearshift timing during driving, which in turn boosts the fuel economy of the vehicle considerably. This, in turn, is likely to boost the global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market.
- Several vehicle manufacturers are jointly developing dual-clutch transmission systems for all type of vehicle variants including all-wheel hybrid drive. In December 2019, Magna International and Ferrari jointly developed the 8-speed dual clutch transmission system for all type of drive systems. Rise in fuel prices and decline in air quality are estimated to prompt consumers to adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles. All the factors mentioned above are fuelling the global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market
- Europe is expected to account major share of the global hybrid dual- clutch transmission market due to the presence of a significant number of automotive players that are focused on the development of the advanced transmission system Most Tier-1 suppliers that are based in Europe, including ZF Friedrichshafen AG, have introduced 8-speed dual-clutch transmission systems for the all type of drive systems. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market in Europe region.
- Following Europe, Asia Pacific is also projected to account for a significant share of the global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market due to an increase in vehicle production across Asia Pacific. Increase in government initiatives to reduce carbon emission is projected to boost the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market in Asia Pacific. China, Australia, and India are witnessing considerable demand for electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles, which is estimated to propel the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market across Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market
The global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global hybrid dual- clutch transmission market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Technologies
- Valeo Inc.
- Magna International Inc.
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- GKN Automotive
- Schaeffler Technologies AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, Request for a Sample
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market: Research Scope
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Sports Vehicle
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Clutch
- Dry Clutch
- Wet Clutch
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Component
- Clutch Plate
- Pressure Plate
- Computer Controlled Actuators
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Autonomous Type
- Semi-autonomous Vehicle
- Fully autonomous Vehicle
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.