Hybrid Dual- Clutch Transmission: Introduction
- Hybrid dual-clutch transmission is an automated transmission in vehicles that helps reduce the time take to shift gears. Hybrid dual-clutch transmission uses two clutches; one for odd number gears (1, 3, and 5) and the other for even number gear (2, 3, and 4). The transmission utilizes sensors that sense the timing of upshift and downshift of gears.
- In hybrid dual-clutch transmission system, two clutches are arranged concentrically in which the larger outer clutch drives the even numbered gears, and the smaller clutch drives the odd-numbered gears. In 2019, Honda Motors introduced a hybrid dual-clutch transmission system in a 1.5 liter gasoline engine, 7 speed dual-clutch gearbox along with an electric motor for driving comfort.
Key Drivers of Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market
- Increase in passenger preference toward comfort while driving is propelling the hybrid dual- clutch transmission, as the dual-clutch helps reduce the time taken to shift gears. Additionally, a rise in the demand for hybrid and electric vehicles across the globe is projected to boost the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market. The dual-clutch transmission helps reduce the gearshift timing during driving, which in turn boosts the fuel economy of the vehicle considerably. This, in turn, is likely to boost the global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market.
- Several vehicle manufacturers are jointly developing dual-clutch transmission systems for all type of vehicle variants including all-wheel hybrid drive. In December 2019, Magna International and Ferrari jointly developed the 8-speed dual clutch transmission system for all type of drive systems. Rise in fuel prices and decline in air quality are estimated to prompt consumers to adoption of hybrid and electric vehicles. All the factors mentioned above are fuelling the global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market
- Europe is expected to account major share of the global hybrid dual- clutch transmission market due to the presence of a significant number of automotive players that are focused on the development of the advanced transmission system Most Tier-1 suppliers that are based in Europe, including ZF Friedrichshafen AG, have introduced 8-speed dual-clutch transmission systems for the all type of drive systems. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market in Europe region.
- Following Europe, Asia Pacific is also projected to account for a significant share of the global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market due to an increase in vehicle production across Asia Pacific. Increase in government initiatives to reduce carbon emission is projected to boost the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market in Asia Pacific. China, Australia, and India are witnessing considerable demand for electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles, which is estimated to propel the hybrid dual-clutch transmission market across Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market
The global hybrid dual-clutch transmission market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global hybrid dual- clutch transmission market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Technologies
- Valeo Inc.
- Magna International Inc.
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- GKN Automotive
- Schaeffler Technologies AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, Request for a Sample
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market: Research Scope
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Sports Vehicle
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Clutch
- Dry Clutch
- Wet Clutch
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Component
- Clutch Plate
- Pressure Plate
- Computer Controlled Actuators
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Autonomous Type
- Semi-autonomous Vehicle
- Fully autonomous Vehicle
Global Hybrid Dual-Clutch Transmission Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.