Point-of-Care (POC) Hemostasis: Introduction
- Various point-of-care assays are available for a range of coagulation tests. These assays are easy to perform and have a faster turnaround time than the laboratory counterparts.
- Immediate results of hemostasis diagnostics are needed to control the adverse effects of anticoagulation therapy. This is offered by POC tests.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-of-Care (POC) Testing market
- Portability, easy usage, and connectivity are the factors driving demand for POC testing. Self-testing of prothrombin by patients at home is popular in several developed countries. It provides accurate and quick results, which is projected to boost the growth of the global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market during the forecast period.
- Bleeding easily when bruised is called abnormal bleeding. It can be due to blood clotting disorder, when the body is unable to produce clotting factors to stop bleeding. Hemophilia A and B, along with factor II, V, VII, X, or XII deficiencies are blood disorders identified with abnormal bleeding issues or blood coagulating issues.
- Over 440,000 people are suffering from hemophilia globally; of these 75% people are affected in underdeveloped and developing countries. This ever-increasing disease burden of blood clotting disorders is anticipated to drive the global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market during the forecast period.
- Hemostasis diagnostic devices have come a long way from quantifying optical density of clot in a cuvette to detection of clotting factors
- The concept of automation has extended to hemostasis diagnostics as well, which is less labor intensive, rapid, and easy-to-use. Current technologies include automation of blood coagulation analyzers, flow cytometers, microarrays, and PCR. Combination of these technologies has increased the yield and productivity. This technological revolution in hemostasis diagnostics is expected to propel the global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market.
Primary Hemostasis Test to Lead Global Market
- The global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market can be segmented based on test type, end-user, and region
- In terms of test type, the global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market can be divided into primary hemostasis test and secondary hemostasis test. Advanced technology leading to ease of usage, portability, and simultaneous results of different tests are the factors likely to fuel the growth of the segment
- Based on end-user, the global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market can be classified into hospital & clinics, diagnostic laboratories, home care settings, and others
North America to Lead the Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-Of-Care (POC) Testing Market
The global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- High prevalence of cardiac diseases, technologically advanced countries, and rise in awareness about coagulation disorders are the factors attributed to the growth of the market in North America
Key Players Operating in Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-of-Care (POC) Testing market
Leading players in the global hemostasis rapid tests and point-of-care (POC) testing market include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Sysmex Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers
Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-of-Care (POC) Testing Market: Research Scope
Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-of-Care (POC) Testing Market, by Drug Class
- Primary Hemostasis Tests
- Secondary Hemostasis Tests
Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-of-Care (POC) Testing Market, by End-user
- Hospital & Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Home Care Settings
Global Hemostasis Rapid Tests and Point-of-Care (POC) Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.