Flip-chip VCSEL: Introduction
- The vertical cavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) is a light source that can be used in sensing/imaging systems due to its excellent beam quality, low threshold, low-energy consumption, low-cost, compact size, and high reliability
- The VCSEL offers maximum operating power, which is not limited by catastrophic optical damage of the exit aperture due to its large aperture size, and its PN junction does not intersect the surface in the region of high optical intensity
- The flip-chip technology can lower the cost of sensor module and requires less area, as it eliminates the need for wire bonding by making the device thinner
- The flip-chip VCSEL offers greater heat dissipation, which improves the optoelectronic characteristics and response speed of the device
Rising Demand for Flip-chip VCSEL Globally
- The vertical cavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) is packaged by flip-chip technology and used in automotive long-range LiDAR systems for low power mobile and in-cabin 3D sensing applications, optical communication systems, etc.
- The flip-chip VCSEL is widely implemented in 3D sensing of smartphones, wearables, and tablets. The flip-chip VCSEL is primarily deployed in 3D-sensing technology for sensing depth and augmenting camera capabilities including facial and object recognition.
- The automotive sector is driving the flip-chip VCSEL market due to increased demand for flip-chip VCSEL in-cabin sensing, driver fatigue detection, and gesture recognition for in-car navigation and infotainment systems
- The flip-chip VCSEL is required in data centers as an optical transceiver for high-speed data transmission, as it offers high reliability and low power consumption as well as performs data analytics to improve decision-making capabilities
North America to Lead Global Flip-chip VCSEL Market
- North America is anticipated to lead the global flip-chip VCSEL market during the forecast period due to large adoption of advanced data-storage technologies, large presence of data centers, and consumer electronics vendors, such as Apple Inc., which requires flip-chip VCSEL technology for their 3D-sensing applications
- The presence of major flip-chip VCSEL market players, including Broadcom and Lumentum company, further boosts the flip-chip VCSEL market in North America
- The flip-chip VCSEL market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace owing to an increase in demand for medium to high range smartphones with features such as gesture and facial recognition. Investment of prominent China-based mobile companies such as Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, which require flip-chip VCSEL for advanced proximity sensing features, is also boosting the flip-chip VCSEL market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Flip-chip VCSEL Market
- Lucent Technologies, Inc.
- Princeton Optronics Inc.
- Accelink Technologies
- Huaxin Semiconductor Technology Co Ltd.
- Finisar Corporation
- TriLumina Corporation
Global Flip-chip VCSEL Market: Research Scope
Global Flip-chip VCSEL Market, by Type
- Single Mode
Global Flip-chip VCSEL Market, by Application
- Power Electronics
- Face Recognition
- 3D Sensing
- Optical Fiber Communication
Global Flip-chip VCSEL Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.