Flax crops that yield white flowers and blue flowers are promptly recognized on account of their product offerings such as stalk, straw, fibers, and seeds. Demand for flax crop is surging at a significant pace in parallel to the increasing demand for fiber and seeds rising from the textile, medical, and food industries. They are gaining widespread popularity with their application in pet foods, omega-enriched food products, and flax oils, as a result of which, promising growth prospects for flax crop market is forecasted.
The flax crop processing companies prefer weed-free plants, owing to the utilization of fertilizers such as Potassium, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus at their optimum. In addition, technology is playing a pivotal role to ensure a higher yield of flax crops, which is further expected to drive the growth to the global flax crop market in the forthcoming year.
As compared to the cotton fiber, the fiber obtained from flax crop is flexible, lustrous, and soft in nature. As a result, it is extensively used in linen stitching, fishing nets, carpets, and furniture. It also makes an excellent raw material for firefighting hose pipes, water bags, tissue papers, and knapsacks. Demand for high-quality bond papers and currency notes is also fulfilled by these fibers, which is yet another notable growth driver for the flax crop market.
Flax Crop Market – Novel Trends
Some of the significant players operating in the global flax crop market include Legumex Walker Inc., Biolin Research Inc., Cargill Inc., Glanbia plc, Archer Daniels Midland Company, SunOpta Inc., Grain Millers Inc., Linen of Desna LLC., CHS Inc., Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc., SWM INTL, FIT, CBM, Meyenberg, Kabrita, MilkGoat, Guanshan, Red Star, Avh Dairy, Australian Nature Dairy, and One Degree Organic Foods. Below are some of the notable developments of these key players in the flax crop market.
- Proven Seed launched a conventional brown-seeded flax variety with a yield of 102% worth of CDC Bethune. The seeds provide excellent resistance against diseases, strong oil profile, and effective straw management with reduced plant height. The flax crop enjoys an enhanced quality and larger yield. The breeding program of the company propagates health for humans with the high content of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Natural Fiber Technologies is planning to address the flax decorticator by launching at least 3-4 mobile decorticator by the end of the year. This technique will help in separating the flax straw and hemp into fiber and hurd. These by-products can be used for animal bedding, construction blocks, and similar other applications.
Flax Crop Market – Dynamics
Demand for Eco-friendly Packaging Alternatives to Shift the Focus on Fiber Obtained from Flax Crop
With growing concerns over the health hazards and environmental degradation posed by the utilization of plastic, many brands have started using environmental-friendly packaging materials as a part of effective eco-responsibility. The fiber obtained from flax crops serves as a desirable product for the development of packaging bags and bottles. In addition, they are light-weighted in nature and are biodegradable, which makes them suitable for packaging as compared to plastic. These fibers can even replace the glass bottles for beer bottles and wine spirit. Owing to its promising rate of adoption, the global flax crop market is poised to clock an impressive CAGR in the forthcoming years.
Flax Seeds, Yielded from Flax Crop, are Highly Consumed by Vegans and Vegetarians
Flax seeds are evolving as a super food in the vegetarian and vegan diet, on account of their health-protective properties. A single serving of flax seeds is rich in essential vitamins, fibers, iron, and protein, among others. Since a vegetarian or a vegan diet lacks crucial fats for the body, flax seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids, which controls cholesterol, reduces inflammation, and prevents the growth of tumor in a human body. The plant compounds such as Lignans possess estrogen and antioxidant properties, which is said to reduce the risk of cancer and boost overall health. As a subsequence, this demand for flax seeds will remain highly influential on the size of the global flax crop market.
Flax Crop Market - Segmentation
The global flax crop market is bifurcated on the basis of types and applications.
Flax Crop Market – Types
Depending on the types, the global flax crop market can be categorized into:
- Stalk Parts
Flax Crop Market – Applications
Based on the applications, the global flax crop market is segmented into:
- Paints and Coatings
- Animal Feed
- Food and Beverage
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the flax crop market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about flax crop market size. The projections featured in the report on flax crop market have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of flax crop market analysis and information for every facet of the flax crop market, including but not limited to: Regional flax crop markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Flax crop market segments and sub-segments
- Flax crop market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Flax crop market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and flax crop market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent flax crop market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent flax crop market
- Important changes in flax crop market dynamics
- Flax crop market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the flax crop market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Flax crop market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional flax crop markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the flax crop market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the flax crop market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent flax crop market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Flax Seeds Market
Flax Fiber Crop
Flax Seed Crop
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.