Flax crops that yield white flowers and blue flowers are promptly recognized on account of their product offerings such as stalk, straw, fibers, and seeds. Demand for flax crop is surging at a significant pace in parallel to the increasing demand for fiber and seeds rising from the textile, medical, and food industries. They are gaining widespread popularity with their application in pet foods, omega-enriched food products, and flax oils, as a result of which, promising growth prospects for flax crop market is forecasted.
The flax crop processing companies prefer weed-free plants, owing to the utilization of fertilizers such as Potassium, Nitrogen, and Phosphorus at their optimum. In addition, technology is playing a pivotal role to ensure a higher yield of flax crops, which is further expected to drive the growth to the global flax crop market in the forthcoming year.
As compared to the cotton fiber, the fiber obtained from flax crop is flexible, lustrous, and soft in nature. As a result, it is extensively used in linen stitching, fishing nets, carpets, and furniture. It also makes an excellent raw material for firefighting hose pipes, water bags, tissue papers, and knapsacks. Demand for high-quality bond papers and currency notes is also fulfilled by these fibers, which is yet another notable growth driver for the flax crop market.
Flax Crop Market – Novel Trends
Some of the significant players operating in the global flax crop market include Legumex Walker Inc., Biolin Research Inc., Cargill Inc., Glanbia plc, Archer Daniels Midland Company, SunOpta Inc., Grain Millers Inc., Linen of Desna LLC., CHS Inc., Schweitzer-Mauduit International Inc., SWM INTL, FIT, CBM, Meyenberg, Kabrita, MilkGoat, Guanshan, Red Star, Avh Dairy, Australian Nature Dairy, and One Degree Organic Foods. Below are some of the notable developments of these key players in the flax crop market.
- Proven Seed launched a conventional brown-seeded flax variety with a yield of 102% worth of CDC Bethune. The seeds provide excellent resistance against diseases, strong oil profile, and effective straw management with reduced plant height. The flax crop enjoys an enhanced quality and larger yield. The breeding program of the company propagates health for humans with the high content of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Natural Fiber Technologies is planning to address the flax decorticator by launching at least 3-4 mobile decorticator by the end of the year. This technique will help in separating the flax straw and hemp into fiber and hurd. These by-products can be used for animal bedding, construction blocks, and similar other applications.
Flax Crop Market – Dynamics
Demand for Eco-friendly Packaging Alternatives to Shift the Focus on Fiber Obtained from Flax Crop
With growing concerns over the health hazards and environmental degradation posed by the utilization of plastic, many brands have started using environmental-friendly packaging materials as a part of effective eco-responsibility. The fiber obtained from flax crops serves as a desirable product for the development of packaging bags and bottles. In addition, they are light-weighted in nature and are biodegradable, which makes them suitable for packaging as compared to plastic. These fibers can even replace the glass bottles for beer bottles and wine spirit. Owing to its promising rate of adoption, the global flax crop market is poised to clock an impressive CAGR in the forthcoming years.
Flax Seeds, Yielded from Flax Crop, are Highly Consumed by Vegans and Vegetarians
Flax seeds are evolving as a super food in the vegetarian and vegan diet, on account of their health-protective properties. A single serving of flax seeds is rich in essential vitamins, fibers, iron, and protein, among others. Since a vegetarian or a vegan diet lacks crucial fats for the body, flax seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids, which controls cholesterol, reduces inflammation, and prevents the growth of tumor in a human body. The plant compounds such as Lignans possess estrogen and antioxidant properties, which is said to reduce the risk of cancer and boost overall health. As a subsequence, this demand for flax seeds will remain highly influential on the size of the global flax crop market.
Flax Crop Market - Segmentation
The global flax crop market is bifurcated on the basis of types and applications.
Flax Crop Market – Types
Depending on the types, the global flax crop market can be categorized into:
- Stalk Parts
Flax Crop Market – Applications
Based on the applications, the global flax crop market is segmented into:
- Paints and Coatings
- Animal Feed
- Food and Beverage
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the flax crop market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about flax crop market size. The projections featured in the report on flax crop market have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of flax crop market analysis and information for every facet of the flax crop market, including but not limited to: Regional flax crop markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Flax crop market segments and sub-segments
- Flax crop market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Flax crop market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and flax crop market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent flax crop market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent flax crop market
- Important changes in flax crop market dynamics
- Flax crop market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the flax crop market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Flax crop market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional flax crop markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the flax crop market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the flax crop market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent flax crop market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Flax Seeds Market
Flax Fiber Crop
Flax Seed Crop