FBG Interrogators Market: Introduction
- The FBG are is [NS1] reflector constructed in the short segment of optic fiber that reflects particular wavelength of the light and transmit all other wavelengths.
- In a fiber Bragg grating, the refractive index of the fiber core vary periodically along the length of the fiber. The refractive index of the fiber core is modulated at regular interval. When a light with a broad spectrum is launched into one end of fiber containing a fiber Bragg grating, the part of the light with wavelength matching the Bragg grating wavelength will be reflected back to the input end [NS2], with the rest of the light passing through to the other end.
- FBG Interrogators are high-precision measuring instruments for signal obtaining and processing from FBG sensors under operating conditions. Interrogator are the devices to retrieve the most accurate measurements from FBG sensors, it is a measurement unit or data acquisition system. It measures the light reflected from optical sensors and convert it to the mechanical units.
- An interrogator can measure a large sensing network composed by various types of sensors (such as strain, temperature, displacement, acceleration, tilt, etc.) connected along multiple fibers, by acquiring data simultaneously and at different sampling rates
Rise in Demand for FBG Interrogators in Automation and Sensing Devices
- The wireless telecom market continues to evolve with more advanced mobile standards. 5G wireless technology promises to create significant opportunities for the telecom industry, as it enables new advanced applications such as autonomous vehicles and virtual/augmented reality. Telecom service providers have started to invest in 5G, and this trend is expected to drive the demand for FBG interrogators in the telecom and networking sectors in the near future. In Datacom [NS3], demand is driven by networking investments by telecom service providers and enterprises upgrading their network, as well as cloud data center networking investments for increased bandwidth.
- In industrial applications, large arrays of different sensors are typically used forming a distributed sensor network they [NS4] use standalone optical fiber interrogators for data acquisition.
- Significant expansion of the fiber optic sensor market, particularly in intrinsic sensors embedded within the fiber, is estimated to drive the market for FBG interrogators during the forecast period
- The global process automation market is also expected to expand during the forecast period, which in turn is projected to boost the integration of sensors for various applications and consequently, propel the demand for FBG interrogators
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to a prominent share of the global market during the forecast period, as the industrial, consumer, and commercial sectors in the region are witnessing extensive digitization and automation
- The electronics market in countries in Asia Pacific such as Japan, China, Korea, Singapore, and India has witnessed significant expansion
- The market in North America and Europe witnessed considerable expansion owing to greater concerns [NS5] in public safety, healthcare, aerospace which is significantly expected to drive the market for FBG Interrogators.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is also estimated to expand at a steady pace [NS6] during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global FBG Interrogators Market
- Prominent players operating in the global market are focused on the development of more accurate hardware and software technological development [NS7] in FBG Interrogators.
Key players include:
- FBGs [NS8]
- Polytec [NS9]
- Micron Optics
- National Instruments
- Advanced Optics Solutions
- Technica Optical Components, LLC
- Advance Energy
Global FBG Interrogators Market Scope
Global FBG Interrogators Market, by Type
- 8 channel
- 4 channel
Global FBG Interrogators Market, by Application Area
- Marine vessels
Global FBG Interrogators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.