Erosion Control Blanket Market: Introduction
- Erosion control blankets (ECBs) are open-weave, biodegradable blankets that offer temporary cover and support the growth of plants on bare soil regions. Erosion control blankets are important in terms of vegetation since they prevent runoff and erosion on even the most challenging areas with proper installation. Erosion control blankets help safeguard the area from water polluted by eroded soil from other locations. The erosion control blanket market is likely to see a spike in growth during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Erosion Control Blanket Market
- From the time of planting until root density and top growth, erosion control blankets are capable of long-term erosion protection, and offer cover for bare soil and support for budding plants. Erosion control blankets are made of organic and synthetic materials that are woven, glued, or structurally joined with nettings or meshes. The blankets are ideal to prevent soil erosion, are long-lasting, and have a wide range of applications. During the forecast period, all of these factors are likely to increase the global demand for erosion control blankets.
- Erosion control blankets are cost-effective and find application in a wide range of industries such as oil and gas, construction, mining, and waterway restorations. Moreover, they are easy to use, install, and maintain and are able to transport easily. All these factors are expected to increase the demand for erosion control blankets from almost all countries during the forecast period.
- Only a few manufacturers are engaged in the production of erosion control blankets. The limited availability of the blankets may hinder the growth of the market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Erosion Control Blanket Market
- In terms of region, the erosion control blanket market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to hold major share of the global erosion control blanket market during the forecast period. The increasing infrastructural developments are the major cause of soil erosion in the region. Furthermore, rising awareness about erosion issues, growing attentiveness to environmental degradation, and growing deforestation are the major factors which are expected to create demand for erosion control blankets in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Erosion Control Blanket Market
- ABG Ltd.
- American Excelsior, Inc.
- Cherokee Manufacturing, Inc.
- Contech Engineered Solutions LLC
- Hydroseal LLC
- Hydroseeding Ltd.
- L & M Supply Company
- NAUE GmbH & Co. KG
- Tensar International Corporation
- Western Excelsior Corporation
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market: Research Scope
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Type
- Combined (Synthetic and Natural)
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Material
- Coconut Fiber
- Others (Polypropylene, etc.)
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Erosion Control Period
- Up to 90 days
- 3 months to 12 months
- 12 months to 24 months
- More than 24 months
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Application
- Slope Protection
- Channel Protection
- Culvert Inlets and Outfalls
- Others (Riverbanks, etc.)
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Price
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Erosion Control Blanket Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!