Electronic Power Packages Market: Introduction
- Electronic packaging is the enclosure for electronic devices, which ranges from individual semiconductor devices to systems such as mainframe computers. The packaging provides protection from mechanical damage, cooling, noise emission, and electrostatic discharge.
- Electronic power packages use silicon devices and lead-free solder alloys in its construction. Manufacturers of power electronics are transitioning to devices with wide band gap materials for improved performance, reliability, and cost. Further, high temperature bonded interface materials are facilitating compact, lightweight, low cost, and reliable electronic power packaging.
- Electronic power packages have applications in various industries such as automotive, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics, industrial, and other industries where power electronics are used.
Increasing need for power packages due to environmental and technical requirements
- The need for electronic power packages is increasing due to growing technical requirements from manufacturers of electronic devices as well as environmental mandates from governments. The increasing power density and power conversion optimization for power electronics will cause CO2 emission reduction. Hence, technological advancements are required for devices to achieve government targets and volume content.
- Moreover, the growing importance of wide band gap semiconductors makes electronic power packages mandatory. These factors are driving the growth of the electronic power packages market.
Increasing usage of electronic packaging by aerospace and defense industry
- Increasing investment by governments in aerospace and defense, and rising export of weapons is fueling the electronic power packages market. Several equipment in aerospace and defense such as data processing units and data display units are loaded with semiconductor devices, which need electronic power packages.
- Moreover, high power electronic devices play an important role in improvement of grid reliability, and are used in energy storage systems and other applications. These factors are creating opportunities for the electronic power packages market.
Maximum Growth to be observed in the Asia Pacific Market
- In terms of region, the global electronic power packages market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The electronic power packages market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications in industries such as automobile, aerospace & defense, and consumer electronics, adoption of advanced technologies by countries such as Japan, Taiwan, and China, increasing investments, rising industrialization, and other factors. This is expected to increase the demand for electronic power package products.
- The electronic power packages market in North America and Europe is also likely to witness high growth rate due to increasing competition among players, and focus on cost of production. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to show slow growth rate.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global electronic power packages market is highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand for electronic power packages.
Key players operating in the global electronic power packages market include:
- Infineon Technologies
- ON Semiconductor
Global Electronic Power Packages Market: Research Scope
Global Electronic Power Packages Market, by Industry Vertical
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy and Power
Global Electronic Power Packages Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.