Electrically Tunable-Focusing Lenses Market: Introduction
- Electrically tunable-focusing lenses are also called liquid lenses, which can be focused at various distances by changing the electric signal on the lens. Electrically tunable lenses do not require a mechanical structure and provides a compact and inexpensive focus control than conventional computerized translation stages.
- Electrically tunable-focusing lenses add a degree of flexibility with minimal decrease in image quality. Currently, fast design and a highly reliable imaging system that focuses on high throughput is trending. Hence, electrically tunable-focusing lenses are playing a bigger role in various industries.
Advantages of Electrically Tunable-Focusing Lenses
- Electrically tunable-focusing lenses offer various advantages over other solutions. For instance, these lenses offer a range of optical power which provides a wide range of working distances for focusing objects. The lens is also very compact and suitable for handheld devices and integration. As compared to alternative solutions, the electrically tunable-focusing lenses do not rely on moving parts, which significantly increases the durability of a device.
- Moreover, electrically tunable-focusing lenses have high potential in the imaging and machine vision industry. These advantages over other solutions is increasing the usage of electrically tunable-focusing lenses, fueling the market growth.
Extensive applications of electrically tunable-focusing lenses
- The most successful field for electrically tunable-focusing lenses is barcode scanning. This technology enables barcode scanning at different heights and positions on conveyor belts without manipulation. Another successful application is automated inspection by using liquid lens microscopes. It is easy to implement liquid lens module at the rear of the object since the microscope offers large back focal length.
- Electrically tunable-focusing lenses allow extended depth in dental cameras, and fast Z- stacking in various types of microscopes, 3D marking in laser processing systems, and refraction control in ophthalmic equipment. In addition, electrically tunable-focusing lenses are currently in development for smartphone cameras and camcorders. These applications are fueling the growth of the market.
Asia Pacific to lead the global electrically tunable-focusing lenses market
- In terms of region, the global electrically tunable-focusing lenses market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to increasing adoption of advanced devices, and growing awareness about liquid lenses. These factors are expected to increase the demand for electrically tunable-focusing lenses in Asia Pacific.
- The electrically tunable-focusing lenses market in North America and Europe is also likely to show high growth rate due to the presence of major players. The Middle East & Africa market is set to show a uniform growth rate.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global electrically tunable-focusing lenses market is extremely fragmented. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand for electrically tunable-focusing lenses.
Key players operating in the global electrically tunable-focusing lenses market include:
- Himax Technologies, Inc.
- Sintec Optronics Pte Ltd
- Applied Scientific Instrumentation
- C.F. Technology(Beijing) Co., Ltd
Global Electrically Tunable-Focusing Lenses Market: Research Scope
Global Electrically Tunable-Focusing Lenses Market, by Type
Global Electrically Tunable-Focusing Lenses, by Application
- Microscope Observation
- Atomic Trap
- Optical Correlation Tomography
- Laser Show
- Machine Vision
Global Electrically Tunable-Focusing Lenses, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!