Cordage and Twine: Introduction
- Cordage and twine are types of strings used to make ropes and cables by binding together different material. Twine consists of several pieces of single strands of material, while cordage consists of several multi-piled materials. Cordage and twines are available in different materials such as natural fiber, synthetic, and used for various applications in diverse industries such as mining, oil & gas, construction, marine, entertainment, defense & aerospace, etc.
- Increasing industrialization and construction activities is expected to drive the global cordage and twines market during the forecast period
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Cordage and Twine Market
- Rise in industrialization and urbanization has fueled the demand for cordage and twine products in the market. Demand for cordage in different end-use sectors is significantly high, as it helps in lifting heavy weights quickly and safely, and thus reduces risk of injury. While demand for twines is high in agriculture, mining, gardening, clothing, packaging industries for manufacturing and tying applications. Expansion of these end-use industries is expected to boost the global cordage & twin market during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has increased consumer consciousness about their health, and people are currently actively indulging in various outdoor activities. Increased demand for sports, gymnasium and adventure activities owing to rise in health concerns and disposable income and an increasing spending power are expected to further fuel the global cordage and twines market during the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the market, owing to stoppage of manufacturing work and unavailability of raw materials and workforce, which created a gap in demand and supply and restrained the market. However, the market is recovering owing to easing of restrictions, and it is expected to expand during forecast period.
- Manufacturers are focused on bio-degradable and natural materials, such as natural jute fiber, which is estimated to offer significant opportunity for manufacturers in the global market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Cordage and Twine Market
- In terms of geography, the global cordage and twine market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global cordages and twine market during the forecast period due to an increase in number of manufacturing units and construction activities. Countries such as China, South Korea, and India are expected to be major countries contributing to the expansion of the market in the region.
- Asia Pacific region is likely to be followed by North America, in terms of share of the global market, due to the increase in use of cordage and twine products in various applications in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global cordage and twine market include:
- Atlantic Braids Limited
- Axiom Cordages Limited
- Cortland limited
- Pentagon Corporation
- Samson rope technologies
- TEUFELBERGER Fiber Rope GmbH
- Usha Martin Limited
- Yale Cordage Inc.
Global Cordage and Twine Market: Research Scope
Global Cordage and Twine Market, by Material
- Natural fiber
- Others (Polyester, etc.)
Global Cordage and Twine Market, by Price
Global Cordage and Twine Market, by End-user
- Defense & Aerospace
- Oil & Gas
- Commercial Marine
- Entertainment industry
- Wind Energy
- Others (Oceanographic, etc.)
Global Cordage and Twine Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Cordage and Twine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!