Colloidal Oatmeal Market Outlook
Over the last few decades, oatmeal has been consumed as a therapeutic medicine to treat a wide range of skin conditions such as irritation, and itching related to several xerotic dermatoses. Oatmeal has both dermatological and cosmetic health benefits as it soothes, cleanses, moisturizes, and protects skin. Colloidal oatmeal is derived from finely crushing the oat and boiling it to abstract the colloidal material. It is not a breakfast meal and should not be eaten. Colloidal oatmeal dissolves consistently when combined with water, oils, honey, lotion, and other liquids that enable it to be absorbed simply by the skin. Colloidal oatmeal is particularly rich in proteins, lipids, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and has antioxidants feature. It is used as a moisturizer to protect skin and prevent from dry, rough, and skin irritations. Thus, due to various unique functional properties of colloidal oatmeal, it is considered as a cleanser, moisturizer, soothing, buffer, as well as a protective anti-inflammatory agent.
Reasons for Covering This Title
Expanding personal care industry, growing trend of organic cosmetic products, product innovation and premiumization, increasing consumer awareness about advantages associated with personal care products, the rise in research and development activities, and accelerating the trend of personal grooming among consumers are some of the factors fueling the growth of colloidal oatmeal market in the near future. Additionally, customers are demanding for gluten-free products as some people are allergic to the gluten coupled with various companies are developing products for sensitive skin care with advanced features such as antifungal properties to meet the growing consumer demand for skin care products. However, stringent government regulations, side effects related to the product, and limited shelf life of personal care products are the factors which may hinder the growth of the colloidal oatmeal market.
Global Colloidal Oatmeal: Market Segmentation
On the basis of source, the global colloidal oatmeal market has been segmented as –
On the basis of function, the global colloidal oatmeal market has been segmented as –
On the basis of skin type, the global colloidal oatmeal market has been segmented as –
- Dry Skin
- Normal Skin
- Sensitive Skin
On the basis of application, the global colloidal oatmeal market has been segmented as –
Colloidal Oatmeal Market Growth by Source, 2017
Global Colloidal Oatmeal Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players operating in the global colloidal oatmeal market are Bramble Berry Inc., Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., Universal Preserv-A-Chem Inc., Charkit Chemical Company LLC, Oat Services Ltd., Beacon CMP Corporation, Grant Industries Inc., MakingCosmetics Inc., Ceapro Inc., and others.
Consumers are inclining towards natural and organic personal care products as there is increasing awareness about the harmful effects of chemical-based products, growing disposable income of consumers, and increasing supply chain distribution channel for personal care product are some of the leading factors driving the growth of the global colloidal oatmeal market. Moreover, colloidal oatmeal has various benefits such as intensely hydrating in the skin, relieve itchy skin, scratchy, treat eczema, psoriasis, reverse the signs of ageing, and many more are expected to grow the colloidal oatmeal market during the forecast period.
Opportunities for Global Colloidal Oatmeal Market Participants
Growing men’s grooming trend, rise in adoption of organic skin care products, and expanding direct sales channel in the developing countries to minimize the overall cost associated with products and distribution channels are the factors due to which colloidal oatmeal market revenue is expected to grow at a significant growth rate, over the forecast period. Moreover, consumers are demand for clean label products for various health benefits, increasing inorganic growth by companies through mergers and acquisition, and rising demand for premium personal care products is the primary factor accelerating the growth of the colloidal oatmeal market.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the type, application, and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the colloidal oatmeal market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the colloidal oatmeal market and its potential
- Market dynamics impacting the colloidal oatmeal, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the colloidal oatmeal market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major colloidal oatmeal market participants
- Analysis of colloidal oatmeal supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the colloidal oatmeal market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the colloidal oatmeal market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.