Climbing Helmet: Introduction
- A climbing helmet protects the head against falling debris such as rock fall, icefall. It also protects the wearer if he accidentally hits into a wall or an overhang. Climbing helmet is essential for professional climbers and also for mountaineering and hiking in areas where rockfall or icefall is common. A climbing helmet is available in various sizes and are made from various materials such as polycarbonate and polypropylene.
- Increase in climbing activities, bouldering, camping and canyoneering is expected to boost the climbing helmet market during the forecast period
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Climbing Helmet Market
- The climbing helmet is an important piece of gear for outdoor climbing. It is used for tree climbing, roof work, sawmill, logging, construction, rescue climbing and other similar activities, which fuels the demand for climbing helmet Moreover, a rise in number of climbers and mountaineering and hiking activities around the world is likely to propel the demand for climbing helmet and consequently, boost the overall climbing helmet market.
- Rise in mountaineering and rock climbing accidental cases due to icefall or rockfall has created awareness among people for security and safety. Furthermore, stringent rules and regulation for safety enacted by governments have made it compulsory for several scouts to use helmets while climbing, which in turn augments the climbing helmet market.
- Increase in construction activities owing to a rise in urbanization and population further drivers the demand for climbing helmet. All these factors create significant opportunity for the climbing helmet market.
- Exposure to chemicals, such as bisphenol A (BPA), from climbing helmets could cause harmful side-effects, also hampers business growth and economy has affected due to work stoppage, halt in raw materials supply, restriction on travelling, which also disrupted sales of climbing helmet. However, the market is slowly gaining momentum due to easing of restrictions. Consequently, manufacturers are focusing on the manufacture of ultralight, super comfortable helmets with best available material that cater to customers’ demand, which in turn is expected to boost the market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Climbing Helmet Market
- In terms of region, the global climbing helmet market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for prominent share of the global climbing helmet market. Rise in number of people participating in indoor and outdoor climbing activities and stringent rules enacted by governments for safety of climbers in the region are major factors driving the climbing helmet market in North America.
- North America is followed by Europe and Asia Pacific, in terms of share of the global market, due to a rise in outdoor activities and spending power on recreational activities by the population of these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Climbing Helmet Market
- Black diamond
- CAMP USA, Inc.
- Cresto Group
- DMM International
- Edelrid GmbH
- Petzl International
- SKYLOTEC GmbH
Climbing Helmet Market: Research Scope
Climbing Helmet Market, by Product Type
- Rigid shell climbing helmet
- Foam shell climbing helmet
Climbing Helmet Market, by Material
Climbing Helmet Market, by Price
- Up to US$ 50
- US$ 50 to US$ 100
- Above US$ 100
Climbing Helmet Market, by Application
Climbing Helmet Market, by End-user
Climbing Helmet Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty stores
- Others Retail Stores
Climbing Helmet Market, by Region
- North America
- United States
- Rest of North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!