Global Chlorophylls and Chlorophyllins Market: Overview
Chlorophylls are the naturally-derived fat soluble green pigment present in all plants and algae that photosynthesise and convert into chlorophyllin in the presence of alkali. Chlorophyllin is a chemical compound that is obtained from the saponification of solvent extracted out from alfalfa, spinach, grass or nettles that are dried before solvent extraction to form natural food colourants products. Chlorophyllins account for 90 % of the colouring matter in the food additives and the remaining part comprises other pigments such as carotenoids along with other edible oils, waxes and fats derived from the source material. Chlorophyllins are authorised food additives by the European Union (EU).
Global Chlorophylls and Chlorophyllins Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global chlorophylls and chlorophyllins market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for plant-based ingredients such as Avocado, cucumber, spinach, kale, broccoli, snow pea, zucchini, artichoke, lettuce, kiwi comprising nutrients such as Lutein, calcium, folate, zeaxanthin, vitamin C, β-carotene products since they are potentially beneficial as food colourants and are extensively used in food colouring market. Chlorophyll and chlorophyllin colourants are in abundance in nature as the green colour characteristic of photosynthetic plants and easy to extract. Growing demand among health conscious consumers for the green leafy vegetables and chlorophyllin is the natural source of bright shiny green colour.
However, there are few restraints to the chlorophyll and chlorophyllin as natural food colourants for market growth in other North American and European countries, as food colourants policies in these countries are strictly regulated.
Global Chlorophylls and Chlorophyllins Market: Segmentation
On the basis of Application, global chlorophylls and chlorophyllins market is segmented into:-
- Food Additives
- Personal Care
On the basis of product type, Global Chlorophylls and chlorophyllins market is segmented into:-
- Type A by Plants
- Type B by Algae
Global Chlorophylls and Chlorophyllins Market: Region wise Outlook
The global Chlorophylls and chlorophyllins Market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America holds the major share in the global chlorophylls and chlorophyllins Market in terms of production of chlorophylls and chlorophyllins products. The Chlorophylls and chlorophyllins market in the APEJ region especially in China is expected to expand at substantial growth rate. The Chlorophylls and chlorophyllins market growth in Latin America is robust, owing to the growing demand for natural food colourants in the region. The global chlorophyll and chlorophyllin food colourants adoption in MEA is relatively lesser than in other regions of the globe due to low availability of raw materials in this region.
Global Chlorophylls and Chlorophyllins Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players identified in the global chlorophyll and chlorophyllins market includes:
- Qingdao Terio Corporation
- Guangtongbao Pharmaceuticals
- HaiNing FengMing Chlorophyll
- Shanghai Brightol International Co., Ltd.
- Shandong S-Sun Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Vinayak Ingredients
- Xi'an Pyson Biotech Co., Ltd.
- KANEGRADE LIMITED
- Sunrise health Co.,LTD
- Aarkay Food Products Ltd
- Suixian Hengtai Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.