Chip Testing Tools: Introduction
- Semiconductor chip testing tools refer to the tools used for correcting and enhancing the modules or devices to meet certain customization requirements. Chip testing helps manufacturers to compare the output results of the instruments to the desired or standard specifications, thus obtaining accurate data and enhancing chip quality as well. Chip testing solutions involve various software and hardware testing modules for the chips to ensure their operational reliability during the personalization process.
- Chip testing has evolved over the years in the production process of semiconductor devices. Many automated testing tools have gained popularity in the past few years since manual testing is challenging to meet the complex requirements or specifications of the instruments. These tests are mainly carried out by testing programs programmed on automatic testing equipment.
- Apart from identifying the faults, these testing solutions also collect and analyze the data to pinpoint the source of occurrence of the fault, thus helping the designer to avoid the same kind of situation later.
Investment in 5G Infrastructure across the Globe
- With the advent of 5G, the trend of rising 5G network infrastructure spending to tap the multiple 5G use cases and address the market demand is being witnessed all over the globe.
- Demand for integrated chip testing solutions is also expected to surge significantly with the increasing number of 5G devices to address these use cases. Innovations in the field of AI and 5G are also propelling the production of high-end chips, which is projected to renew the demand for chip testing tools in the coming years.
- Moreover, regulations that make the testing of semiconductor IC’s a pre-requisite in order to adhere to the stringent policies and to achieve optimum performance would always be the significant driver of the chip testing tools market. Especially the growth of 5G mission-critical applications and use cases where the need for high-end chips is of prime importance is leading to the rigorous testing of these chips, which would be a significant factor to achieve best-in-class end products or solutions, thus driving the market.
North America to Lead the Chip Testing Tools Market
- In terms of region, the global chip testing tools market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America garnered the largest share of the market owing to high demand for chip testing tools for power generation and telecommunication applications. Furthermore, skilled workforce and emphasis on the use of non-destructive testing to avoid unexpected failures of systems is further expected to aid in market growth.
- Amongst all regions, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing chip testing tools market owing to increased awareness about the importance of chip testing tools in construction, power generation, and manufacturing industry
- Furthermore, the chip testing tools market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in South America is estimated to grow at a stable pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Chip Testing Tools Market
The global chip testing tools market is highly fragmented. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and customized specification to meet the growing demand for chip testing tools. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking partnerships and joint ventures for development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global chip testing tools market include:
- Tesec Corp.
- Teradyne Inc.
- Star Technologies Inc.
- Spea S.p.A.
- Jeol Ltd.
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corp.
- Cohu Inc.
- Chroma Ate Inc.
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Advantest Corp.
Global Chip Testing Tools Market: Research Scope
Global Chip Testing Tools Market, by Test Type
- Voltage/Current Testing & Fault Testing
- Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR)
- Scanning Probe Microscope
- Electron Beam Prober
- Emission Microscope
- Mass Spectrometer
- Non-destructive Testing
- Optical microscope
- X-ray spectrometer
- Acoustic microscope
- External Inspection
- Low power microscope
- High power microscope
- Scanning electron microscope
- Electrical Testing
- Probe Testing
- Electron Testing
Global Chip Testing Tools Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!