Cedar berries: Market outlook
Cedar berries are the female cones of the Juniper tree that are not actually berries but look like one. Cedar berries contain a very high nutritional value that is high in Vitamin C, flavonoids and glycosides and are used for medicinal purposes. They are used to relieve digestive problems, respiratory problems and also for skin problems. The cedar berries are mostly eaten fresh or dried, chopped or powdered. Mostly used as spices in food by the natives, they are also used for flavoring in tea. Also due to its antifungal properties, the cedar berries are used as a natural preservative. The dietary supplements prepared from cedar berries are also present in the market due to its high nutritional value and medicinal property.
The cedar berries are native to North America and have been used there as an herb for medicinal purposes, flavoring, and natural preservatives for a very long time. It has been very recently introduced to the global market. The end-use market is growing due to the benefits incurred from the cedar berries. And when combined with the other nutritionally good ingredients, they are highly beneficial to treating many ailments.
The availability of the cedar berries is only in the North America part of the world. That is also just concentrated in a specific part The cedar berries after being plucked are to be packed in an airtight container and placed in cool, dry spot away from sunlight to be preserved for a long time.
Increased demand for cedar berries in dietary supplements
The cedar berry species is known to have a better nutritional composition as compared to the juniper berries of other species. The beneficial properties of cedar berries have been used in intestinal problems such as pancreatic dysfunction. Also, the insulin-like properties obtained from the cedar berries have been scientifically proven. The presence of glycosides in cedar berries is known to have hypoglycemic activities. Also, the flavonoids present in the cedar berries have antioxidant activity. Antioxidants are responsible to repair DNA damages and also useful to prevent cancer. Thus the dietary supplements produced using cedar berries are in huge demand due to their multiple benefits on health.
Cedar Berries: Segmentation
On the basis of form, the global cedar berries powder market has been segmented as-
On the basis of end use, the global cedar berries powder market has been segmented as-
- Alcoholic beverages
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Personal care and cosmetics
On the basis of distribution channel, the global cedar berries powder market has been segmented as-
- Departmental stores
- Online retailers
Cedar berries: Market Participants
The market participants that produce the end products of cedar berries are Health and herbs (Live Herbal Tincture), Pure Herbs, Ltd. (Dietary supplements), Herbera LLC (Tincture), Nevada Pharm, LLC (Tincture), Best Botanicals (Powder).
The market participants collect the cedar berries from the native state and use it as the end product.
Cedar berries: Opportunities
The end-user market for cedar berries is already developing. The dietary supplements are already present in the market and also alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic herbal tinctures are present that can be added to water or fruit juices to benefit from their nutritional properties. Various skin creams and gin is also being prepared from the cedar berries in North America.
But they were first used in Native America as a spice to flavor meat. Cedar berries have been an underappreciated food and as a flavoring agent has not been brought in the commercial market.
Also, the cedar berries are infused with water to drink as tea in Native America. Such commodity is not presently commercially. Due to the cedar berries having antioxidant properties, a cedar berry infused tea would be really beneficial.
Also, a lot of research is being carried out on the cedar berries. A chemical has been found out in cedar berries called limonene. It is known to be useful for weight loss, to prevent cancer and to treat bronchitis. Further research can be done on this chemical in cedar berries to manufacture a new product or an enhanced effect from these berries.
In traditional medicine in North America, the cedar berries were used for the birth control in females. This also can be researched which can be beneficial as opposed to that of chemicals that are being used as birth control that have many side effects and have an adverse effect on the health of women.
Cedar berries: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on the modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our Cedar berries market report include:
- An overview, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Cedar berries market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Cedar berries market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this Cedar berries market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.