Cardiac Stimulators Market: Overview
- Cardiac stimulators or pacemakers are devices that deliver electrical impulses through electrodes to increase heart rate to normal levels. These devices normalize the heart rate in patients suffering from arrhythmias, especially bradycardia.
- Cardiac stimulators are used in the treatment of abnormal heart rhythms caused by problems in the electrical conduction of the heart. Cardiac stimulators are primarily utilized during electrophysiological procedures in various settings including hospitals, surgical centers, operating rooms, and clinics.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Cardiac Stimulators Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Cardiac Stimulators Market
- Increase in the geriatric population and rise in prevalence of cardiac rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation or arrhythmia and bradycardia are the key factors projected to boost the global cardiac stimulators market in the next few years
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 2.7 million to 6.1 million people in the U.S. are suffering from atrial fibrillation and the number is expected to reach 12.1 million by 2030. This is anticipated to increase the number of electrophysiological procedures and generate higher demand for cardiac stimulators in the near future.
- According to Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology, about 3 million people are living with pacemaker and approximately 600,000 pacemakers are implanted every year to treat bradycardia patients across the globe
- Moreover, the baby boomer population susceptible to a range of heart rhythm disorders such as arrhythmia, bradycardia, and tachycardia has increased in the past few years. This, in turn, is expected to drive demand for cardiac stimulators market during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Cardiac Stimulators Market
- Rise in prevalence of cardiac rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation among the geriatric patients, increase in the number of cardiac procedures performed in the U.S., and favorable reimbursement scenario for cardiac surgeries are likely to propel demand for cardiac stimulators in the region.
- According to the American Heart Association (AHA), more than 4 million individuals in the U.S. suffer from recurrent arrhythmias every year. This is projected to boost the growth of the market in North America.
- The cardiac stimulators market in the U.K. is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace owing to rise in prevalence of cardiac arrhythmia and increase in the geriatric population. For instance, more than 1 million people are affected by cardiac arrhythmias in the country.
- Large baby boomer population and rapid adoption of western lifestyle, which increases the risk of cardiac diseases in developing countries such as India and China are the key factors augmenting the cardiac stimulators market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Cardiac Stimulators Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Cardiac Stimulators Market
Major players operating in the global cardiac stimulators market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Osypka AG
- GE Healthcare
- Braille Biomedica
- Lepu Medical Technology
- Cameron Health
Global Cardiac Stimulators Market: Research Scope
Global Cardiac Stimulators Market, by Product
- Implantable Cardiac Stimulators
- External Cardiac Stimulators
Global Cardiac Stimulators Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Cardiac Stimulators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.