Market Outlook of Bearberry:
Berries have served as a food source ever since the advent of time and still remain a primary food source for many primates. In earlier times, berries were predominantly stored to be used and consumed in winters. Among berries, bearberry has gained significant importance over the years. Bearberry is a fruit belonging to the genus Arctostaphylos. Apart from Arctostaphylos, the fruits of two other shrubs, namely Arctostaphylos alpine and Arctostaphylos rubra, also claim for the title of bearberry. Bearberry is commonly known as uva-ursi and has been a part of traditional healing methods since times immemorial. Health benefits of bearberry fruit are mainly due to the uniquely designed chemical compounds present in bearberry, such as tannic, ursolic and many other flavonoids and essential oils. These organic compounds are very powerful and impact the body’s organs in numerous ways, making blueberry a valuable health remedy. Bearberry is predominantly found in Asia, Europe and North America. The wide applications of bearberry are expected to contribute towards the growth of the bearberry market in the Asia-Pacific region and Europe during the forecast period.
Reasons for Covering Bearberry as a Title:
Bearberry has high nutritional value and helps humans in various medicinal ways. The high content of tannins makes bearberry helpful in the treatment of urinary bladder infections, inflammation of the urethra and treatment of diarrhea. The high germicide value of the bearberry fruit helps in preventing infections and treatment of kidney and gallbladder stones. The active components of bearberry have proven to be directly connected with preventing miscarriages and thus, ensuring the safety of mothers during pregnancy. The growing trend of healthy lifestyle has penetrated deeply into the lives of people. Over the last few years, high growth in the number of patients suffering from obesity has been witnessed. Food products with low-calorie content are in high demand due to this particular reason. Bearberry helps in eliminating excess salts, fats and toxic materials from the body and thus, is helpful in obesity cases. Apart from its health benefits, bearberry is also preferred for its high skin-enriching properties. Bearberry has shown effective results for skin lightening. Moreover, cosmetics products claiming to be effective against aging have dominated the personal care market. The rich antioxidant content of bearberry helps in delaying aging by reducing the free radical activity, thereby making it a highly preferred ingredient for beauty product manufacturers. The multi-health benefit profile of bearberry is expected to lead to potential growth in the bearberry market.
Global Bearberry Market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global bearberry market has been segmented as:
On the basis of form, the global bearberry market has been segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the global bearberry market has been segmented as:
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
On the basis of distribution, the global bearberry market has been segmented as:
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Specialty stores
- Drug stores
Global Bearberry Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global bearberry market are Epo S.r.L, A.Vogel, HerbalTerra, Joves Herbal, The Victorian Garden, Nature's Way, Ahana Nutrition, Herbarium Scala Dei, Fairvital BV and Drinapak.
Key Developments in the bearberry market:
- Drinapak, a Serbia-based company dealing in unique flavored tea, offers bearberry tea under the brand name Lokus. The tea is made from dried leaves of bearberry, especially made for the treatment of urinary tract infections.
- The Victoria Garden, a South Africa based company, dealing in organic skin care products provides bearberry pigmentation cream. The company claims it to be effective for providing even skin tone.
Opportunities for Participants in the Bearberry Market:
Numerous health benefits of bearberry have surged the demand for bearberry across the globe. Market participants should focus on increasing consumer awareness about bearberry by emphasizing on its health benefits. Manufacturers should introduce new products in the cosmetics and personal care sector using bearberry extracts. Moreover, the marker participants need to come up with new strategies for promoting bearberry in the health sector. The new market participants can utilize the existing strategies and penetrate into the bearberry market.
Brief Approach to Research
The company follows a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the types, forms, ingredients, and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.