Battery Resistance Testers: Introduction
- Battery resistance testers measure resistance and voltage of modern-technology batteries with high resolution, speed, and accuracy
- Battery resistance testers primarily provide the measurement of multiple parameters of non-rechargeable batteries such as alkaline and rechargeable batteries including lithium-ion (Li-ion), nickel–cadmium (Ni–Cd), and lead–acid batteries
- Furthermore, battery resistance testers also provide quick measurement of battery voltage, internal resistance, and several other parameters for non-rechargeable as well as rechargeable batteries.
- Battery resistance testers are employed to measure multiple parameters such as inter-cell resistance, internal ohmic resistance (mΩ), connection resistance, cell voltage, temperature, DC current, and ripple current
- Moreover, advanced and user-friendly software of battery testers allow the user to recollect and re-test reading on-site for data comparing and trending
- This advanced, integrated feature of quick data storing and recording of numerous battery parameters is gaining traction
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Battery Resistance Tester Market
- The global battery resistance tester market witnesses significant growth, owing to the rising demand in the electronics & instrumentation industry, which is anticipated to augment the production as well as sales of battery resistance testers worldwide during the forecast period
- Also, government support for a holistic approach toward instruments is estimated to drive the global battery resistance tester market during the forecast period
- Low maintenance and eco-friendly nature of battery resistance testers have made them popular in multiple industrial applications
- Moreover, electricity-generating stations and substations require all-day-run batteries for protection and control of switches and relays, while industrial applications require them for protection and control. Thus, batteries are employed to ensure that critical electric equipment are always on. Thus, in order to ensure that the supported equipment is adequately backed up and to prevent unexpected failures by tracking the battery’s health, battery testers are used. Thus, growing adoption of battery testers is fueling the demand for battery resistance testers.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Portable Equipment Type Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- A portable battery resistance tester is the quickest, smallest, easiest, and most precise to use. Portable batteries have an advanced battery-tested data management software available with them to generate reports about the measured data.
- Thus, the portable equipment type segment of the global battery resistance tester market is likely to witness significant growth during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Battery Resistance Tester Market
- In terms of region, the global battery resistance tester market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The battery resistance tester market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period, though it has witnessed sluggish growth in the past. This growth can be attributed to the increasing demand for eco-friendly as well as user-friendly instruments from various growing end-use industries in the region. Also, the economic growth and increased investments in research and development activities by governments and key manufacturers are fueling the battery resistance tester market in Asia Pacific.
- Countries such as India and China are developing at a rapid rate. Thus, manufacturers of battery resistance testers in these countries are expecting increase in the demand for their products in the near future.
- The battery resistance tester market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global battery resistance tester market was highly fragmented in 2018, with the top few manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for battery resistance testers. Moreover, manufacturers are increasing their investments in research and development activities for the development of further small-sized, innovative products.
Key players operating in the global battery resistance tester market are:
- Fluke Corporation
- Bosch Limited
- Megger Group
- ACT Meters (UK) Ltd.
- Cadex Electronics Inc.
- Maccor, Inc.
- Eagle Eye Power Solutions
- HIOKI E.E. CORPORATION
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
Global Battery Resistance Tester Market: Research Scope
Global Battery Resistance Tester Market, by Battery Type
- Non-rechargeable Batteries
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Lithium-ion (Li-ion)
- Nickel–Cadmium (Ni–Cd)
Global Battery Resistance Tester Market, by Communication Interface
Global Battery Resistance Tester Market, by Equipment
Global Battery Resistance Tester Market, by End-user
- Electronics & Semiconductor
- Energy & Power
- IT & Telecommunications
Global Battery Resistance Tester Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.