Automotive Virtual Assistant: Introduction
- Personal voice assistant systems that were being integrated in vehicles for the last few years are being replaced with virtual assistant systems in modern vehicles, as these systems prevent misleading of the driver while driving.
- Automotive virtual assistant is a human-machine interaction tool and a form of artificial intelligence that acts as an interface between the driver and automotive. A virtual assistant, an AI assistant or digital assistant, is an application program that understands natural human language, voice commands, and completes the task for the user.
- Prominent automaker Skoda has taken the next step by adding a virtual assistant to its vehicles that are accessible through a vocal command
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market:
- Usage of personal voice assistants in cars started with people bringing their mobile devices with them to make calls, to answer messages, and to find their way via navigation, etc. The major drawback of utilizing the personal assistant in vehicles was that it distracted the driver, leading to accidents. Technologies such as virtual assistant were introduced in the market to eliminate accidents. The virtual assistant eliminates the probability of misleading the driver while driving. This is boosting the demand for such vehicles from consumers, which further drives the automotive virtual assistant market across the globe.
- Demand of virtual assistant in vehicles is increasing significantly owing to preference among middle class consumers toward advanced technology that enhances safety and security in vehicles. Therefore, a rise in production of vehicles drives the automotive virtual assistant market across the globe.
- Key players are investing in research & development in automotive technologies related to drivers and vehicle safety across the globe. Several automakers are integrating human machine interaction technologies such as automotive virtual assistant including speech recognition and text to speech conversion in their vehicles. These factors are likely to boost the automotive virtual assistant market across the globe.
Speech Recognition to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- Rise in demand for speech recognition system in vehicles is propelling virtual assistant market. The automotive sector is a major application area of the virtual assistant system, as it reduces accidents assists the drive while driving, thereby fueling the demand for autonomous vehicles and advanced system in modern vehicles. This is likely to fuel the automotive virtual assistant market across the globe.
- Connected cars are being integrated with speech recognition technology that would enable the driver to use his cellphone and find his destination with the help of maps using speech recognition system. Such features are also likely to boost the automotive virtual assistant market across the globe.
- Increase in integration of these technologies in vehicles, such as ADAS, connected cars, speech recognition, and virtual assistant, is estimated to boost the production of these vehicles and subsequently, offer significant opportunity for the global automotive virtual assistant market during the forecast period
North America Automotive Virtual Assistant Market to Expand Significantly
- North America is a lucrative market for the automotive industry, which can be attributed to high rate of adoption of technology and increased standards of living in the region. Therefore, North America accounted for a notable share of the global automotive virtual assistant market.
- Rise in production of vehicles and increase in demand for development of technologies have prompted several key OEMs to invest in the development and manufacture of such technologies in their vehicles, which in turn is also boosting the automotive virtual assistant market in the region
Government Rules and Regulations to Hamper Market
- Stringent norms and regulations enacted by governments in some regions and lack of funds to develop such a technology are estimated to hinder the global automotive virtual assistant market during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market
The global automotive virtual assistant market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the globe. A few key players operating in the global automotive virtual assistant market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Google Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Artificial Solution Ltd
- eGain Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Next IT Corporation
- CSS Corporation
- True Image Interactive lnc.
Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market, by Technology
- Speech Recognition
- Voice Recognition
- Text To Speech
- Gesture Recognition
Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market, by Application
- Navigation Control
Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Duty Vehicles
- Medium Duty Vehicles
- Heavy Duty Vehicles
Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market, by Sales Channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Original Equipment Supplier (OES)
Global Automotive Virtual Assistant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!