Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market: Introduction
- In terms of automobiles, HVAC relates to controlling heating, ventilation, and air conditioning of vehicle cabin. It aims to regulate temperature, ventilate, and dehumidify the vehicle for enhanced driving comfort and luxury.
- Photon sensors, also called sun sensors, are able to detect light rays from the sun. Application of such sensors coupled with temperature sensors in an intelligent HVAC system enables a vehicle to sense the temperature and position of the sun; thereby increasing the efficiency of HVAC system to regulate the vehicle cabin temperature.
- Automotive sun sensitive HVAC system regulates the temperature and humidity of the vehicle cabin automatically with the help of sensors, and it is an added luxury feature to attract consumers
Key Drivers of Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market
- Increase in demand for performance enhancements coupled with rise in adoption of several type of vehicle systems in modern-day vehicles increases number of sensors such as proximity sensors, photon sensors, and temperature sensors fitted in a vehicle. This has led to an increase in complexities involved in application of temperature sensors. Temperature sensors can work efficiently and monitor temperature changes more effectively for a wider range with the help of new innovations such as sun sensitive HVAC systems. Increase in installation of sun sensitive HVAC system can be attributed to its application in temperature monitoring systems in vehicles.
- Additionally, increase in trends toward vehicle automation owing to a rise in the demand for enhanced vehicle performance and efficiency, comfort and convenience of passengers, is likely to increase installment of intelligent vehicle systems such as automotive sun sensitive HVAC systems in vehicles. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the automotive sun sensitive HVAC systems market.
- Technological advancements in terms of vehicle comfort and luxury systems such as infotainment, air conditioning, cabin air systems, and heating and ventilation system are anticipated to propel the automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market. For instance, NXP Semiconductor has developed sun sensitive HVAC sensor solution to help carmakers achieve the task of providing temperature regulation. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of motor control libraries to cover changing requirements of application space in vehicles. Such developments in order to enhance the vehicle cabin comfort for vehicle occupants are expected to propel the global automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market.
- An increase in the per capita income of the population globally has boosted the ownership of new vehicles. This, in turn, creates significant opportunity for industry players who manufacture automotive sun sensitive HVAC system to cater to the increased number of automotive consumers.
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market: COVID 19 Impact
- Sun sensors are likely to have poor accuracy on cloudy days, owing to inadequate sunlight for sensors to work. This can lead to errors in temperature measurement, resulting in uncomfortable cabin temperature.
- Furthermore, this is likely to affect the functioning of other sensors that depend on sun sensors’ feedback, rendering them to make errors. This, in turn, may hamper the automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market.
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market: COVID 19 Impact
- Globally, owing to Corona Pandemic outbreak, the demand for passenger vehicles was impacted significantly in 2020. According to IHS Markit, global auto sales forecast in 2020, globally, vehicle sales plummeted by 22% to 70.3 million units compared to 2019. China, which is world’s largest automobile production country witnessed a decline in vehicle sales by more than 15% to 21 million units in 2020, while the U.S. witnessed a decline of more than 26% vehicle sales to 12.5 million units, as compared to that in 2019.
- Moreover, China is one of the largest suppliers of raw materials as well as finished products. The industry in China witnessed a cut down in production in 2020 owing to supply chain disruption and volatility in prices of raw materials. Additionally, the scarcity of raw material owing to stoppage of mining activities across the globe owing to forced shutdown of manufacturing activities is posing as challenge for the automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market. However, the market is expected to recover from economic losses, as the demand for vehicles is likely to increase during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Account for Prominent Share of Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the car accessories market in during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the sun sensitive HVAC system market owing to an increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across China, South Korea, and India. China is a prominent manufacturer aftermarket products such as vehicle sensors that are available at cheaper cost.
- Additionally, other countries in Asia Pacific have presence of well-established supply chain network catering to the automobile aftermarket. All the factors mentioned above are boosting the sun sensitive HVAC system market Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market
The global automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market is concentrated owing to the presence of prominent manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive sun sensitive HVAC system market are:
- Adolf Thies GmbH & Co. KG
- Campbell Scientific, Inc.
- Delphi Automotive LLP
- Delta-T Devices Ltd
- Eigenbrodt GmbH & Co. KG
- Endress+Hauser Consult AG
- NXP Semiconductors
- Okazaki Manufacturing Company
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Sensata Technologies, Inc.
- Thermo Sensors Corporation
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Sports Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market, by Propulsion
- Pure Battery Electric
- Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market, by End-use Industry
- Health Care
- Transport and Shipping
Global Automotive Sun Sensitive HVAC System Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.