Automotive Studless Tires: Introduction
- Automotive studless tires are designed to provide traction and control even while driving in wet, icy, and snowy conditions. Driving a vehicle in winter, or on snowy roads, is difficult, and the best way to ride on such unpredicted winter roads is to install studless tires. Studless tires are made of superior rubber compounds and possess better tread design, as compared to tires that have metal inserted in their treads.
- Developments in rubber compounding technology help studless tires maintain their flexibility in freezing temperatures and allow tires to maintain traction on snowy roads. Studless tires have deeper tread depths, as compared to that of any other tires, which in turn enables studless tires to effectively disperse snow under them.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Studless Tires Market
- Demand for studless tire is increasing, as several countries have banned the usage of studded tires owing to high level of dust emission attributed to these tires. This, in turn, is projected to boost the automotive studless tires market. Rise in demand for vehicles across the globe is a key factor driving the global automotive studless tires market. Most countries across Europe experience harsh winters, which makes it difficult to drive on icy roads. Consequently, vehicles need to be fitted with studless tires to skidding and vehicle crashes owing to the snowy road conditions. This is anticipated to further propel the automotive studless tires market in Europe.
- Slippery road and snowy conditions can increase fuel consumption of vehicle by 15 % as compared to that on dry or clean road surfaces. Studless tires can reduce fuel consumption, as they offer superior traction on slippery or snowy roads, which is estimated to boost the global automotive studless tires market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive studless tires market
- Europe is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive studless tires market as major areas in the region experience severe winters. Moreover, Europe has presence of major original equipment manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers including Continental Tires and Michelin Tires who are leading companies that have major research and development facilities for studless tires. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the automotive studless tires market in Europe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to account for a major share of the global automotive studless tires market due to an increase in vehicle production and sales. China and Japan in Asia Pacific witness harsh winters, which in turn is anticipated to boost the automotive studless tires market in China and Japan.
Key players operating in global automotive studless tires market
The global automotive studless tires market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive studless tires market are:
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Nokian Tires Plc
- Continental Tires LLC
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- Hankook Tire Co. Ltd
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- Pirelli & C S.p.A
- Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd
- Apollo Tires Ltd
- Michelin Tires
- Dunlop Tires
- NEXEN TIRE
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Studless Tires Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Studless Tires Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Studless Tires Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Studless Tires Market, by Rim Size
Global Automotive Studless Tires Market, by Autonomous Type
- Semi-autonomous Vehicle
- Fully autonomous Vehicle
Global Automotive Studless Tires Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.