Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for in-vehicle comfort drives the automotive rear window blinds market. Government rules and standards put a restriction on tinting windows of vehicles, whereas no specific regulations or standards have been defined that ban use of curtains or blinds in a vehicle, provided that they do not obstruct driver’s vision while driving.
- Vehicle owners choose car glass tinting, owing to personal preferences including privacy and security but such vehicles are often stopped by cops and are registered for violating the government rules and regulations for tinting
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market
- Increase in need for rear window blinds can be attributed to rise in safety concern of infants or children occupying rear seats. Skin of infants and children is sensitive to change in temperature and environment conditions. While travelling on highways, vehicle windows are closed and therefore, the temperature inside raises. If the occupants of a vehicle are infant or children, the risk of them getting skin rashes or heatstroke owing to closed windows and rise in temperature increases. For instance, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), USA, in 2018, 53 children lost their lives due to heatstroke in cars. The aforementioned factors are driving vehicle owners to adopt window blinds which reduce the intensity and rate of increase of temperature in a vehicle cabin. This, in turn, is driving the automotive rear window blinds market.
- Sunrays enter inside a vehicle through windshield, window glasses, and rear windshields. UV rays which enter inside a vehicle cabin are a major cause of health concerns including the effect on visual acuity of occupants as a result of cataracts caused by excess light. Moreover, the excess amount of UV rays and the solar radiation, entering in a vehicle while it is parked, in motion, or stopped in traffic, may cause damage to vehicle interior by deteriorating the cabin components produced using plastic. Window blinds are increasingly being adopted in order to avoid the aforementioned disadvantages of solar radiations. This, in turn, propels the automotive rear window blinds market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share in Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- Requirement of decrease in fuel consumption and increase in fuel economy of a vehicle accompanies the growth of automotive rear window blinds market. Vehicle occupants tend to use vehicle air conditioning system, owing to increase in temperature inside a vehicle. The air conditioning system drives its power from the vehicle engine. Moreover, operating an AC in a vehicle hampers vehicle economy. For instance, using vehicle AC during very hot weather can reduce a vehicle’s fuel economy by more than 25%. Use of window blinds in a vehicle can block sunrays from directly entering inside a vehicle and thereby keeps cabin at lower temperatures.
- Vehicle regulations and standards do not allow vehicle owners to stick anything onto windows or windshields in order to prevent impairing of driver’s field of vision. Window blinds and curtains in vehicles are mounted so that they are either removable at a moment’s notice or are placed away from window glass in vehicle. There are no regulations that restrict use of window blinds and curtains in a vehicle.
- Furthermore, automotive standards and government regulations regarding driver’s field of vision and vehicle safety have banned using window tints or partial tinting of vehicle windshields, and side window. For instance, several standards including Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, NHSTA, US; AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY STANDARD, Automotive Vehicles Rear View Mirrors Installation Requirements, by Government of India, and Motor Vehicles Rear-View Mirrors Requirements of Performance and Installation, National Standards of the People’s Republic of China, China mandate vehicle owners to have minimum 70% and 50% visibility on windshields and side window glasses respectively, after tinting.
- Aforementioned factors are shifting trends toward use of automotive rear window blinds over tinting, which can be removed when the need arises without needing any technical skills. This, in turn, propels the global automotive rear window blinds market.
- Several countries in Asia Pacific including China, India, Malaysia, South Korea, and Japan are classified as hot weather countries. Moreover, Thailand, Indonesia, Bangkok, and China register high road traffic rates as per a U.S. Survey conducted in 2017. The Survey further revels that, during rush hours, average time spent in traffic in Thailand and Indonesia were about 61 hours and 74 hours, respectively. This indicates uncomfortable cabin environment, owing to stalling in traffic and increased use of air conditioning systems, which contributes in deteriorating vehicle economy. Use of rear window blinds can not only limit increase in vehicle temperature but also provide privacy. This, in turn, is expanding the global automotive rear window blinds market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market:
The global automotive rear window blinds market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive rear window blinds market include:
- World Inc.
- Vaccess India Pvt Ltd
- MACAUTO INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD.
- KK Motors Inc.
- Widney Manufacturing Ltd
- Mavrick Blinds
- CAR SHADES
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market, by Vehicle Type
- Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs)
Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market, by Propulsion
Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market, by Material
Global Automotive Rear Window Blinds Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.