Automotive Protective Body Coating Market: Introduction
- Changing consumer perceptions on low maintenance vehicles and rising demand for cost-effective coating solutions are likely to boost the global automotive protective body coating market. Automotive coatings are easy to apply, cost-effective, and provide long-lasting protective solutions. Automotive coatings help the improve shine of metallic colors on vehicles and enhance the vehicle’s esthetic appeal, which is likely to boost automotive protective coatings market.
Key Drivers of Automotive Protective Body Coating Market
- Rise in trends toward vehicle modification among the younger population is expected to propel the global automotive protective body coating market. Vehicle coatings not only enhance the visual appeal of the vehicle but also protect the vehicle’s exterior paint. Automotive coatings on the underbody section of vehicles offer protection against humidity, moisture, and wet conditions that can seep through the undercarriage of a vehicle through joints or cracks in the paintwork; and cause corrosion.
- Awareness among consumers about the benefits of automotive protective coatings is estimated to propel the market. The automotive protective coating process comprises application of minimum five layers of paint, while the underbody coating process comprises the first two layers in the overall coating process. These two layers provide durable protection against corrosion; however, damage over time requires renewal of these coatings. Automotive aftermarket service providers often provide these services during scheduled vehicle maintenance.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market: Challenge
- Stringent regulations in Europe and North America on use of harmful chemicals and stringent compliances on labeling on vehicles is increasing competition in the automotive coatings market. Industry players are rapidly innovating their product line in an attempt to manufacture solutions that exceed current safety norms.
- Additionally, disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020-2021. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global automotive protective body coating market.
- The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicles in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the automotive protective body coating market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to account for major share of global automotive protective body coating market
- In terms of region, the global automotive protective body coating market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia pacific is expected to account for a major share of the global automotive protective body coating market. China, Japan, India, and South Korea are major manufacturers of vehicles globally. China leads not only the market in Asia Pacific but globally too, in terms of manufacturing of vehicles. Additionally, Asia Pacific has a prominent aftermarket industry that caters to automotive. This, in turn, is estimated to offer significant opportunities for companies operating in the automotive protective body coating market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Protective Body Coating Market
The global automotive protective body coating market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive protective body coating market are:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Arkema SA
- Axalta Coatings Systems LLC
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Becker Industrial Coatings Ltd.
- Berger Paints India Limited
- Cabot Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Kansai Paint Co. Ltd.
- KCC Corporation
- Lord Corporation
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Solvay S.A.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- The Valspar Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Protective Body Coating Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Medium Duty Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market, by Technology
- Solvent borne
- UV – Cured
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market, by Application
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market, by Product Type
Global Automotive Protective Body Coating Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.