Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market: Introduction
- Rising consumer preference for public transport and increasing sales and production of internal combustion (IC) engine and electric commercial vehicles and buses across the globe are propelling the demand for automotive non-pneumatic seat
- Non-pneumatic seats are considered as normal form of a seat or a bench, which either has cushion on the seat structure or it is normally made of metal or wood. Non-pneumatic seats in buses, trains or other passenger or commercial vehicles do not bend backward or fold, and they also have adjacent space for consumers to walk. Non-pneumatic seats do not have any added mechanism and require low maintenance cost; hence, they are extensively adopted in passenger vehicles.
Key Drivers of Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market
- Growing connectivity of intra-city and intercity buses for public transportation in several countries across the globe is boosting the automotive non-pneumatic seat market. Moreover, rising urban and local train integration in developed and developing economies for public transport and for other business activities also drives the non-pneumatic seat market. Furthermore, governments across the globe have initiated several facilities for improving and encouraging the use of public transportation in densely populated cities for their daily commute, which in turn propels the market.
- Rising fuel prices in most developing countries has boosted the preference for public buses and other transportation services, which further reduces traffic congestion, pollution, and increases the demand for automotive non-pneumatic seats. Furthermore, rising government investments and service agreements that are targeted towards repair of existing buses and trains, along with development of new roads, propel the non-pneumatic seats market. Moreover, increasing initiatives to repair private and public bus fleets also augment the non-pneumatic seat market.
Challenges in Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market
- Automotive non-pneumatic seats are made from metal, wood, or plastic, which requires considerable processing and costing. Volatility in prices of raw material that is required for seat manufacturing hampers the automotive non-pneumatic seat market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered majority of global businesses and the lockdown has forced the people to stay at home. Consequently, automotive sales and public transport declined, which further hindered the market. Moreover, a shortage of raw material owing to the pandemic has disrupted the global supply chains, which has further hampered the aftermarket segment of the non-pneumatic seats. Additionally, global transportation such as buses and local trains was also disrupted, which halted transportation services and further restrained the global automotive non-pneumatic seat market.
Opportunities in Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market
- Automakers across the globe are collaborating with leading technological companies to handle the challenge of globalization, which further delivers highly advanced and safe vehicles. Moreover, consumers and governments are also shifting toward electrification of vehicles in order to decrease emission, which further boosts the demand for electric vehicles. This, in turn, is estimated to fuel the global automotive non-pneumatic seat market.
- Governments are offering several incentives to electric vehicle manufacturers and creating awareness about electric vehicles among consumers due to limited fuel reserves and increasing fuel prices. Moreover, several governments are offering incentives to customers to buy electric vehicles and their component manufacturers to increase EV production. In September 2020, the Government of India announced slashing of taxes for EV manufacturers, from 21.55% to 17.16%. Similarly, some countries in Europe have also introduced additional incentives to promote sales of electric vehicles. Such government support contributes in the rising sales and production of electric cars, buses, and trucks, which in turn further propels the market.
Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- The automotive non-pneumatic seat market in Asia Pacific is expanding significantly due to rising population, increasing traffic congestion, high rate of adoption of public transportation, and rising maintenance of aging buses and trains. Moreover, countries such as China and India have large population and therefore, these countries witnessed significantly high production of buses, cars, and commercial vehicles. This rising production of vehicles is fueling the automotive non-pneumatic seat market. Moreover, countries such as China and Japan witnessed high adoption of high-speed trains, which in turn also boosted the demand for non-pneumatic seats. Some countries in Asia Pacific witnessed high demand for non-pneumatic seats in the aftermarket segment, as they are using old vehicles for transportation, which need repair and replacement of interior components. Furthermore, North America and Europe are expected to account for a notable share of the global automotive non-pneumatic seat market due to rising use of public transport services in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market
The automotive non-pneumatic seat market is moderately consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive non-pneumatic seat market are:
- Adient Plc
- Magna International
- Gentherm Inc.
- Freedman Seating Co.
- Transcal Ltd.
- Grammar AG
- Franz Kiel GmbH
- Freedman Seating Co.
- Konsberg Automotive
- Tangtring Seating Technology Inc.
Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market, by Seat Material
Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market, by Seat Trim
Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Non-pneumatic Seat Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.