Automotive Integrated Drive Train Modules: Introduction
- Drive train mounts are the critical components of the vehicle, as they connect the engine, transmission, and other drive train parts to the chassis. Drive train mounts enable the engine power to be transferred safely to the tires. Drive train mounts isolate the vibration of drivetrain from the chassis and improve riding comfort of the occupants.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market
- Rise in production of vehicles, globally, coupled with increased purchasing power of consumers is projected to drive the automotive drive train mounts market. The auto industry in China, India, Brazil, and Mexico has been witnessing significant expansion in the last five years. Entry of foreign automakers, rising consumer demand, and efforts taken by governments to boost the manufacturing sector in their respective countries in Latin America and Asia Pacific have spurred the production of vehicles in these regions.
- Rise in number of on road vehicles has fueled the demand for automotive drive train mounts in the aftermarket. Drive train mounts are subjected to wear and tear and are susceptible to cracking. Moreover, they requires periodic replacement. Rise in average age of vehicles to 11 years and growing consumer trend toward longer vehicle retention and resale vehicle purchase are driving the automotive drive train mounts market.
- Advancements in technologies and rising demand for lightweighting of vehicles have led to the development of lightweight drive train mounts and the utilization of electronics to adjust the stiffness of mounts and cancel the harmonics in order to offset engine drivetrain vibrations
Elastomeric/Rubber mounts to dominate automotive drive train mounts market
Drive train mounts used in vehicles are mostly elastomeric mounts owing to their ability to dissipate vibration at a cost-effective price. However, elastomeric / rubber mounts are expected to be gradually replaced by hydro mounts and electronic mounts due to their better ability to absorb and dampen vibrations and noise.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Engine mounts to hold leading share of automotive drive train mounts market
- Generally, 3 engine mounts are used in passenger cars and one is utilized for the transmission. The engine segment is estimated to hold a notable share of the automotive drive mounts market, owing to the use of multiple mounts in an engine.
Passenger vehicle segment to hold leading market share
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment is anticipated to account for a prominent share of the automotive drive train mounts market owing to the high production volume of passenger vehicles worldwide.
OEM segment to hold leading market share
- Due to the wear and tear nature of the product the drive train mounts require periodic replacement and thereby contribute to the leading market share in the automotive drive train mounts market. The OEM segment holds a significant share of the market and the segment includes drive train mounts that are OE fitted by automakers. Consequently, rise in vehicle production is projected to drive the OEM segment.
Asia Pacific to lead global automotive drive train mounts market
- In terms of region, the global automotive drive train mounts market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific leads the global automotive drive train mounts market owing to increased vehicle production in China, India, and Japan. Asia Pacific has emerged as a global production hub, as it offers low cost manufacturing and exhibits high domestic demand. Asia Pacific is followed by Europe and North America in terms of share of the global market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive drive train mounts market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- MAHLE GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Anchor Industries, Incorporated
- Continental AG
Global Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market, by Mount Type
- Elastomeric/ rubber Mounts
- Hydro Mounts
- Electronic Mounts
Global Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market, by Application
- Engine Mount
- Transmission Mount
Global Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Drive Train Mounts Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.