Alfalfa concentrate is primarily used in animal feed, however in the recent years, it has gained increasing application in human nutrition, owing to its rich source of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and essential amino acids. The alfalfa concentrate is also considered to serve as a valuable source of nutritional components for the food industry. Growing consumer interest in dietary supplements that provide certain physiological and prophylactic effects and help improve one’s health status has been gradually accelerating the demand for alfalfa concentrate. Excellent nutritive profile and high yield along with the ability of alfalfa concentrate to absorb nitrogen make it significant from nutritional perspective, which has further influenced the development of alfalfa concentrate market.
Alfalfa Concentrate Market – Notable Developments
Désialis, Bioriginal Food & Science Corporation, Xi'an Tianrui Biotech Co., Ltd., Swanson Vitamins, Sun Prime, Navchetana Kendra, Xi ‘An Tianyi, JIAHERB Inc., Hunan Nutramax Inc., Nutrilite, Refine Biology, Martin Bauer Group, Nature LLC, Naturalin, LiquaDry, Nanjing Zhi Bai Cui Biology Technology, 3W Biotanical Extract, Changsha Active Ingredients Group, and Acetar Bio-Tech are among the leading players operating in the alfalfa concentrate market.
- In January 2019, JIAHERB Inc., a key player in the alfalfa concentrate market adopted a new technology to launch an innovative juice powder that do not contain excipient and offer better taste, color, and odor than conventional juice powder.
- In November 2018, Martin Bauer Group presented its new product concept – ‘Boost Your Feed. Naturally’ at EuroTier that introduced three new and natural approaches to overcome the current challenges faced in the animal feed industry. According to the company, the product concept focuses on the natural stabilization of feed and its raw materials. Additionally, it entered into partnership with Hayleys Group to cater the global demand for premium quality tea ingredients.
- In August 2018, Chanel, a leading cosmetic brand introduce the new ‘Le Lift’ creams with ingredient derived from alfalfa botanical concentrate and Edulis which offers extremely sensorial textures.
- In April 2018, Luzerne-Research & Development (L-RD) introduced its new superfood with alfalfa protein concentrate – Luzixeen which contains nearly 45-60% of protein, a plant-based alternative to animal-derived proteins.
Alfalfa Concentrate Market Dynamics
Growing awareness of rich health benefits of alfalfa concentrate among global population along with rising number of health-conscious consumers has significantly influenced growth of the alfalfa concentrate market. In the recent times, consumer inclination toward vegan diet has led to a surge in the demand for plant-based proteins and other products which in turn is likely to serve as a catalysts for the growth of alfalfa concentrate market. Further, manufactures of nutraceutical products and dietary supplements are continuously focusing on the development plant-based, non-GMO, and gluten free protein concentrates which will possibly create lucrative opportunities for key market players operating in the manufacturing of alfalfa concentrates. Growing aging population coupled with rising incidences of diseases such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease is expected to accelerate the demand and subsequently the future expansion of alfalfa concentrate market.
Poor Solubility and More Availability of Alternatives to Hamper Market Growth
While alfalfa concentrate has gained momentum for its high nutritional content, it has poor solubility and unpleasant sensory properties which limits its application in the food industry. Increasing competition of alfalfa concentrate with other ingredients in dietary or protein supplements and more availability of better plant-based alternatives may create hindrance in the global expansion of alfalfa concentrate market.
Alfalfa Concentrate Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the alfalfa concentrate market can be segmented into:
On the basis of end-use application, the alfalfa concentrate market can be segmented into:
- Dairy & Livestock Applications
- Equine & Small Companion Animals
- Medical & Health Products
- Food Industry
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Alfalfa concentrate market segments and sub-segments
- Alfalfa concentrate market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand of alfalfa concentrate
- Alfalfa concentrate market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges in market of alfalfa concentrate
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs in alfalfa concentrate market
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report on alfalfa concentrate market has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The alfalfa concentrate market report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report on alfalfa concentrate market projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market of alfalfa concentrate
- Important changes in alfalfa concentrate market dynamics
- Alfalfa concentrate market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the alfalfa concentrate market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments in alfalfa concentrate market
- Alfalfa concentrate market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets of alfalfa concentrate
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the alfalfa concentrate market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the alfalfa concentrate market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
- Alfalfa Nutrition
- Alfalfa Protein Concentrate
- Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate
- Botanical Alfalfa Concentrate