Airborne Weather Radar System: Introduction
- An airborne weather radar system is an essential tool for pilots that enables the strategic and tactical planning of a safe flight trajectory. The airline industry is highly competitive, and the generated profits are attributed to many contributing factors.
- Three common types of weather aids are used in an aircraft flight deck, often referred to as weather radar. These include actual on-board radar for detecting and displaying weather activity, lightning detectors, and satellite or other sources of weather radar information that is uploaded to the aircraft from an outside source.
- Exponential increase in air traffic over the years owing to drop in aviation fuel prices has resulted in cheaper air travel. Airlines have extra dispensable cash that is being utilized to procure new-generation aircraft and modernize aviation.
- Consequently, airborne weather radar technology has significantly evolved, and a range of enhanced products with more features and capabilities are now available in the market. The need for protection from harsh weather is expected to drive the airborne weather radar system market growth during the forecast period.
Need for Protection from Harsh Weather
- Severe turbulence, wind shear, and hail are major concerns to pilots, and since signals are generated in radar systems due to hail and wind shear, the turbulence can be interpreted from the movement of any precipitation that is detected.
- In recent times, passengers and crew have suffered injuries due to severe turbulence in flights. Several other cases are being reported of aircraft fuselage getting considerably damaged following a hailstorm encounter.
- If proper airborne weather radar systems are equipped in commercial aircrafts, they can easily prevent crucial and expected injuries in aircrafts due to bad weather conditions. The detection and avoidance of adverse weather conditions within safe time limits is crucial for a safe and comfortable flight.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Airborne Weather Radar System Market, Request for a Sample
Limitations Related to Weather Radar Systems
- The reflectivity of precipitation particles varies considerably depending on the type of precipitation particle. For example, wet hail, rain, and wet snow are much more reflective than dry hail, ice crystals, or dry snow. Unfortunately, aircraft radars do not see frozen precipitation as well as they see wet precipitation.
- Thus, thunderstorm tops, which are composed of mostly low-reflectivity precipitation particles, are not seen well by the aircraft radar. NEXRADs on the other hand, do not suffer from this limitation, especially at higher altitudes where most commercial aircraft operate.
- Another limitation of airborne weather radars is called shadowing or attenuation. This is a phenomenon which occurs when the weather is simply unable to make the two way trip through it, meaning the size, shape, and intensity of that weather as displayed to the pilot may not be accurate. The more intense the precipitation, the less distance the radar can see into and through a storm.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global airborne weather radar system market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The airborne weather radar system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to population increase, improving standards of living, and rise in development and expenditure on aircraft manufacturing. China is the leading exporter of technological equipment in the world. Thus, airborne weather radar system manufacturers in the region are expecting an increase in demand for their products.
- The airborne weather radar system market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global airborne weather radar system market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansion to meet the growing demand for airborne weather radar systems. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global airborne weather radar system market include:
- Air Products and Chemicals
- Honeywell International
- Rockwell Collins
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Airborne Weather Radar System Market: Research Scope
Global Airborne Weather Radar System Market, by Application
- Commercial Users
- Individual Users
- Military and Defense
Global Airborne Weather Radar System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.