- An actinometer is used to measure power of radiation of solar energy. It is used in meteorology to measure solar radiation.
- An actinometer is a device that utilizes a chemical process to measure the number of photons in a beam with respective per unit time
- In terms of type, the global actinometer market can be divided into portable type, stationary type, and multi-function type. Based on application, the actinometer market can be split into meteorological detection, solar energy detection, chemical radiation detection, water detection, data collection, wind energy detection and other.
Rise in Demand for Use in Meteorological Detection
- Meteorological detection segment of the global actinometer market is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. Actinometers are used in meteorology to measure solar radiation emitted by the Sun, reflected by the Earth, or scattered by the atmosphere.
- Actinometer meteorological detection acts as a first choice for measurement calibrating photochemical detectors that are used for radiation measurement, which involves complex irradiation geometry.
- Growing awareness about climate change and environment degradation, rise in UV radiation security threats, stringent policies and regulations in order to reduce carbon emissions, rising awareness about UV radiation owing to growing safety concerns post the Fukushima disaster, use of drones for solar radiation monitoring, radiation therapy for diagnosis and treatment, and increasing safety awareness among people working in radiation-prone environments are key factors driving the global actinometer market.
North America to Lead the Global Actinometer Market
- In terms of region, the global actinometer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global actinometer market during the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of actinometer operate in the region.
- North America is anticipated to be a key region for actinometer solar radiation measurement due to favorable regulatory framework, technological advancements, rising cancer incidence and rising awareness about UV radiation.
- The actinometer market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Actinometer Market
The global actinometer market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to cater to the rising demand for actinometer. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global actinometer market are listed below:
- Adcon Telemetry
- Delta OHM
- NRG Systems
- Seba Hydrometrie GmbH
- SIEMENS Building Technologies
- Solar MEMS Technologies
Global Actinometer Market: Research Scope
Global Actinometer Market, by Type
Global Actinometer Market, by Application
- Meteorological Detection
- Solar Energy Detection
- Water Detection
- Data Collection
- Wind Energy Detection
Global Actinometer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!