Vehicle collision mitigation brake system: Introduction
- Vehicle collision mitigation brake system helps prevent a rear-end collision with vehicles that are stationary or traveling in the same direction. This system is a radar-based autonomous emergency braking system that detects a possible collision within a specified range.
- Collision mitigation braking system works in three stages. The first stage includes alerting the driver through visual and audio warning. The second stage confirms the collision that is likely to occur, and the third stage includes activation of the collision mitigation brake system by tightening of the passenger seat belt and applies the emergency brake with high force itself when the collision is unavoidable.
Key drivers of vehicle collision mitigation brake system market
- The integrated safety system provides the benefit of crash avoidance and reduction of the severity of the crash. Original equipment manufacturers are integrated various autonomous vehicles with the driver assistance and high safety, including full range active cruise control (ACC), pre-crash brake assist (PBA), and lane departure warning system (LDWS). Several government authorities across the global including Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific have mandate the integration of advance safety features in vehicles.
- Currently, traffic accidents are a significant cause of death and injuries. Automotive manufacturers have developed major safety systems to help prevent accidents. This is projected to boost the collision mitigation market, due to a rise in the demand for vehicles that are incorporated with significant safety features and also change in the consumer living standard.
- In 1955, Hughes Research Laboratory, California, U.S. first introduced the radar-based collision mitigation system. In 2003, Toyota Harrier was integrated with the collision mitigation brake system, in Japan.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to hold prominent share of global vehicle collision mitigation brake system market
- In terms of regions, collision mitigation brake system market is segmented in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe is projected to expand significantly collision mitigation brake system. Major Original equipment manufacturers from Asia pacific including China, India, and Japan are integrating the safety feature including collision avoidance in vehicle due to significant demand for safety in vehicles.
- Various rules and regulations enacted by the Government of United Kingdom, United Nations, and Society of Indian Automotive Manufacturers have made the installation of advanced safety features including collision mitigation system mandatory in vehicles across the globe.
Key players operating in automotive pre- crash seat belt market
The vehicle collision mitigation brake system market is highly competitive owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the vehicle collision mitigation brake system market are:
- DENSO Corporation
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- Bosch GmbH
- Delphi Technologies
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Component
- Radar Sensor
- Electronic Control Unit
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Sedan Vehicle
- Hatchback Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Technology
- Radar Based
- Lidar Based
- Camera Based
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Feature
- Autonomous emergency braking system
- Adaptive Cruise control system
- Lane Assist system
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully autonomous vehicle
- Semi-autonomous vehicle
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Vehicle Collision Mitigation Brake System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.