Ultralight Material: Introduction
- Ultralight materials possess elastic properties. Ultralight materials have more pores that allow the structure to have better heat transfer, which is required for many materials.
- Ultralight materials are kind of materials with density less than 10 mg/cm3. These materials have good physical, chemical, and mechanical properties due to their structure, which carries high specific strength and specific stiffness. Ultralight materials do not compress under extreme pressure. Thus, they are stiff and strong.
- The density of air is about 1.275 mg/cm³. This means the air in the pores contributes significantly to the density of ultralight materials in atmospheric conditions.
Ultralight Materials: Segmentation
- The global ultralight materials market can be segmented based on type, application, end-use, and region.
- Based on type, the ultralight materials market can be classified into aerogel, foam, and micro lattice.
- Based on application, the ultralight materials market can be divided into oil spill cleanups, lightweight batteries, orthopedic, and others.
- Based on end-use, the global ultralight materials can be used in aircraft, electronic, petroleum, medical, and automotive.
COVID-19 Impact on Ultralight Materials Market
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has adversely affected the global economic economy. It has also hampered automotive, aerospace, and electronics industries. Raw materials required for the production are in short supply.
- Supply chains have been disrupted. Supply and demand for ultralight materials had been affected, as several countries had closed ports, airports, and domestic transportation while imposing nation-wide lockdowns. However, the ultralight materials market is expected to expand post COVID-19. Rise in demand for these materials in aerospace, electronics, and automotive industries is projected to boost the ultralight materials market.
North America and Europe to Dominate Ultralight Materials Market
- In terms of geography, the global ultralight materials market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America and Europe are expected to be lucrative regions of the global ultralight materials market.
- North America is yet another potentially lucrative region that is likely to drive the demand for ultralight materials. A number of start-up companies in the region have forayed into the ultralight materials market and are exploring new streams of revenue.
- The ultralight materials market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
- Components of the ultralight materials mainly include silica, metal, oxidizing materials, ceramic, polymers, carbon, and compounds. Properties of ultralight materials such as acoustic absorption, energy absorption, shock absorption, and thermal insulation play an important role in the aerospace industry.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Ultralight Materials
- The global ultralight materials market was consolidated in 2021. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global ultralight materials market include:
- Aspen Aerogels
- Aerogel Technologies LLC
- BASF SE
- American Aerogel
- The Boeing Company
- Westfield Technology Group
Global Ultralight Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Ultralight Materials Market, by Type
- Micro Lattice
Global Ultralight Materials Market, by Application
- Oil Spill Cleanups
- Lightweight Batteries
Global Ultralight Materials Market, by End-use
Global Ultralight Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!