Thread Locking Adhesive: Introduction
- Tension in mechanical system takes place due to temperature changes in the system. These temperature changes occur due to the expansion and contraction of bolts and substrate materials. This leads to an increase in bolt tension and force on the mechanical assembly. Thread locking adhesive completely fills the gaps between interfacing threads at microscopic level. Application of the adhesive helps prevent the lateral movement in mechanical assembly. Thread locking adhesive also protects joints from corrosion against moisture, gasses, and fluids.
- Based on end-use industry, the global thread locking adhesive market can be segmented into automotive, electrical & electronics, aerospace & defense, industrial, and others. Automotive and electrical & electronics segments cumulatively held major share of the global thread locking adhesive market in 2019. Growth in production of automotive in developing regions is likely to boost the demand for thread locking adhesive in the automotive industry. The Industrial segment is likely to hold small share of the global thread locking adhesive market in the near future.
Increase in Demand for Thread Locking Adhesive in Automotive Sector to Drive Market
- Demand for electric vehicles has been increasing due to the growth in concerns about environment protection across the globe. Several countries plan to reduce their dependence on crude oil. They are focusing on building of infrastructure for production of electric vehicles. For instance, Tesla, a leading player in the U.S. hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs) industry, plans to increase investments in its manufacturing facility in Shanghai, China; and Fremont, California, the U.S.
- Thread lock adhesive is based on acrylic technology. It prevents leakage and loosening in closely fitted metal surfaces. The loosening can be due to vibrations and shock in steel nuts & bolts and metals. Apart from metallic surface, thread lock adhesive is used in seal pipe flanges, retain worn bearings, and manufacture of machine and equipment.
- Thread locking adhesive provides excellent curing performance onto a variety of substrates. It can also withstand high temperature changes, oil contaminations, and anti-corrosion onto the metal surface. Apart from these properties, thread locking adhesive offers high temperature performance and oil tolerance onto passive substrates such as stainless steel. The automotive industry uses thread locking adhesives for sealing in motors and pumps. These characteristics of thread locking adhesive are expected to drive their demand in the automotive sector.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Thread Locking Adhesive Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has posed severe challenges for the global automotive sector. It has impacted the value chain in terms of production and supply of raw material as well as end products. For instance, China’s commercial vehicle sales declined by 18% in January 2020 over those in January 2019.
- Decline in consumer demand has led to a drop in sale of automobiles across the globe. This has affected the production of various automotive parts. Thread locking adhesives are extensively used in sealing of motor and pump parts. Thus, consumption of thread locking adhesives is likely to be affected due to spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Thread Locking Adhesive Market
- Based on region, the global thread locking adhesive market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold significant share of the global thread locking adhesive market in the near future. Growth in urbanization and increase in disposable income of the middle class population have led boosted the sale of automobiles in the region. This is expected to increase the consumption of thread locking adhesive in manufacture of various automotive parts. Rise in demand for consumer electronics is another factor that is projected to drive the demand for thread locking adhesive in the region.
- Majority of producers of thread locking adhesive are concentrated in Europe and North America. The market in these regions is mature. Hence, key players in these regions primarily supply thread locking adhesives to Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global thread locking adhesive market is highly consolidated. a few producers operate in the global market. Existing players aim to increase their sale of thread locking adhesive through distribution agreements with suppliers. Major players operating in the global thread locking adhesive market include:
- The 3M Company
- Henkel Corporation
- Three Bond International
- Delta Adhesives Limited
- Permabond LLC
Global Thread Locking Adhesive Market: Research Scope
Global Thread Locking Adhesive Market, by Substrate Type
Global Thread Locking Adhesive Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.