Thermoplastic Silicone Hybrid Pellet: Introduction
- Thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellets are utilized as highly effective processing and performance aid in the production of fiber-reinforced plastic composite. Usage of this product in manufacturing of wood plastic composite can provide significant improvement in its mechanical properties.
- AMPLIFY Si PE 1000 Polymer System, a thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet manufactured by Dow Inc., is widely utilized in decking, molding & sliding, fencing and other non-structural applications in the building & construction industry
- Thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellets are also used to manufacture eco-friendly building products, as they are prepared by blending sawmill by-products/ ground wood fibers with thermoplastic resin
Key Drivers of Thermoplastic Silicone Hybrid Pellet Market
- Thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet is primarily consumed as additive in the manufacture of wood-plastic composite. Demand for low-cost & high-performance building products, such as wood-plastic composites that are eco-friendly and offer maintenance-free properties, is estimated to increase in the next few years. Wood-plastic composites produced from sawdust, pulp, bamboo, peanut hulls, and unused woodworking materials are combined with plastic powder, which helps protect the environment by cutting less trees than usual. Increase in environmental concerns among consumers all around the world is propelling the demand for thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet.
- Rise in global population and disposable income are key factors that are fueling the demand of residential homes and various other construction projects. GDP of countries in Asia Pacific and GCC is increasing and governments of some countries such as Bahrain, India, KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), and the UAE are building more houses to cater the housing needs of their urban and rural population. Furthermore, global GDP increased from about US$16 Trn in 1970 to US$47 Trn in 2005. It is estimated to increase to US$100 Trn by 2030. High investments are being made in the building & construction industry for the last few years across the globe. Improvement in economic conditions in developing countries such as Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, and India, especially in the construction sector, is anticipated to boost the demand for wood-plastic composites, which can be used as building material, wall paneling, molding, etc. This is estimated to increase the demand for thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellets in the near future.
- According to a report published by Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics in 2016, the global construction market is estimated to reach US$ 8 trillion by 2030, which is expected to be primarily driven by China, the U.S., and India. The report also pointed out that the construction market in the U.S. is estimated to expand at a faster pace, as compared to that in China over the next 15 years, and India is emerging as a new engine of expansion of the global construction market, expanding at almost twice the rate as that in China. Increase in construction activities in these countries is projected to boost the demand for wood-plastic composites as well as thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellets during the forecast period.
Key Restraints of Thermoplastic Silicone Hybrid Pellet Market
- The thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet market is highly dependent on the production of wood-plastic composites. Various substitutes such as compressed fiberboard & phenolic panels can be utilized instead of wood-plastic composites and easy availability of this product is likely to hamper the thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet market.
Covid-19 Impact on Thermoplastic Silicone Hybrid Pellet Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on its end-use industry. Disruption in supply of raw materials, such as wood particles and thermoplastic resin, has hampered the production of thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellets owing to the sudden lockdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Lockdowns caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has put a hold on construction activities all around the world. These lockdowns have negatively impacted the market of thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet. However, demand for thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet are estimated to bounce back after 2020 until the government eases the restriction on construction activities.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global thermoplastic silicone hybrid pellet market include:
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Evonik Industries AG
- RTP Company
- Kingspan Group
- Accurate Plastics, Inc.
Global Thermoplastic Silicone Hybrid Pellet Market: Research Scope
Global Thermoplastic Silicone Hybrid Pellet Market, by Application
- Wood-Plastic Composites
- Medical devices
- Consumer electronics and wearables
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.