Thermal Transfer Material Market: High Potential and Low Cost Material
- Thermal transfer materials are widely used in end-use industries such as packaging, logistics, semi-conductor, and electronics industries due to their excellent heat conductive properties. Increase in demand for high-quality printable materials for long durability in end-user industries is anticipated to fuel the demand for thermal transfer materials.
- According to the China National Bureau of Statistics, the total retail sales for consumer goods in the first quarter (Q1) stood at US$ 1,436.8 Bn in 2018, with 9.8% year-on-year growth. In the U.S., the online retail sales of quarter one (Q1) in 2018 were valued at US$ 123.6 Bn with excellent year-on-year growth of more than 16.4%.
- Thermal conductivity is considered an important characteristic for several manufacturing operations. Thermal transfer properties of various materials are effective in certain applications due to the natural molecular structure that allows for direct heat transfer
- Industrial application requires effective heat transfer process through the material from one end to the other end of the material. High demand for effective thermal heat transfer material from the industrial application is projected to fuel the market in the next few years.
- Thermal transfer materials are widely used to manufacture heat conductive adhesive tapes, polymer sheets, and printable products. These polymer sheets are used for labeling, barcodes, and QR code labels for logistics, retailing, and consumer goods. This is projected to fuel the demand for thermal transfer materials in the next few years.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Thermal Transfer Material Market? Ask for the report brochure here
E-commerce Industry Expansion to Fuel Thermal Transfer Material Market
- Rapid penetration of Internet and growth in the e-commerce industry in developing countries are majorly driving consumer goods and retail industries. This is leading to an increase in globalization in developing countries such as Brazil, South Korea, China, and India.
- Excellent retail industry growth trends are fuelling demand for online purchase of various products across the globe. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for printable films and sheets in printing of labels, barcodes, and QR codes. This is likely to boost the demand for thermal transfer material market in the near future.
- Global Internet penetration has reached around 60% in 2018. It stood at 56% in 2017 and 52% in 2016. This is driving online purchase of clothing, electronics goods, and consumer goods. Increase in access of Internet among the young generation is a key factor expected to boost the demand thermal transfer materials during the forecast period.
Consumer Goods Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Rapid industrialization and improved ranking for ease in doing business among emerging countries such as South Korea, India, Italy, Spain, and South Africa are fuelling the logistics and transportation industries
- High demand for thermal transfer materials such as Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), Polyurethane (PU), Vinyl, and Silicone in several end-use industries is projected to fuel the thermal transfer material market during the forecast period
- Polyurethane delivers excellent thermal transfer properties due to the long polymer chain structure. These characteristics lead to an increase in effective heat conductive properties. This is likely to boost the thermal transfer material market during the forecast period.
- Thermal transfer material is gaining momentum in logistics and semiconductor & electronic industries. It is used in the manufacture of heat conductive tapes, sheets, and films in the semiconductor & electronics industry. This is anticipated to propel the demand for thermal transfer material market in the next few years.
Volatile Raw Material Prices to Hamper Market
- High dependency of crude oil for the manufacture of raw materials is expected to hamper the thermal transfer material market in the near future
- Fluctuation in prices of raw materials is likely to create a supply and demand gap between supplier and end-user industries. The supply and demand gap for thermal transfer material may hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Stringent regulations of government for the manufacturing companies to manufacture polymers may hinder market expansion. The production process can harm the environment due to high amount carbon emission. This is likely to hamper the demand for thermal transfer materials during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Thermal Transfer Material Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Lead Global Thermal Transfer Material Market
- Rise in demand for products made from heat transfer materials such as tapes and films in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to boost the thermal transfer material market during the forecast period
- Increase in Internet penetration in developing economies of Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam is likely to generate lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of thermal transfer materials
- According to A. T. Kearney, the retail development index for Asia Pacific market ranked India at the top position in the list among other countries. India was ranked the top position retail development index in 2017, due to the rise in FDI investment, increase in income level of the middle class, and stronger economic growth since the last few decades.
- The U.S. is one of the prominent leaders in retail sales, which were valued at around US$ 3,109 Bn in 2017 with CAGR of approximately 3.4%. This trend is likely to continue in North America during the forecast period.
Key Players in Thermal Transfer Material Market
Large numbers of large and small manufacturers operate in the global market across the globe. Major players operating in the global thermal transfer material market include:
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Orion Industries Incorporation
- 3M Company
- Stahls' International
- Specialty Materials
Global Thermal Transfer Material Market: Research Scope
Global Thermal Transfer Material Market, by Material
- Others (Vinyl)
Global Thermal Transfer Material Market, by End-use
- Logistics & Transportation
- Consumer Goods
- Semiconductors & Electronics
- Others (Food, Beverages)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.