Thermal Transfer Material Market: High Potential and Low Cost Material
- Thermal transfer materials are widely used in end-use industries such as packaging, logistics, semi-conductor, and electronics industries due to their excellent heat conductive properties. Increase in demand for high-quality printable materials for long durability in end-user industries is anticipated to fuel the demand for thermal transfer materials.
- According to the China National Bureau of Statistics, the total retail sales for consumer goods in the first quarter (Q1) stood at US$ 1,436.8 Bn in 2018, with 9.8% year-on-year growth. In the U.S., the online retail sales of quarter one (Q1) in 2018 were valued at US$ 123.6 Bn with excellent year-on-year growth of more than 16.4%.
- Thermal conductivity is considered an important characteristic for several manufacturing operations. Thermal transfer properties of various materials are effective in certain applications due to the natural molecular structure that allows for direct heat transfer
- Industrial application requires effective heat transfer process through the material from one end to the other end of the material. High demand for effective thermal heat transfer material from the industrial application is projected to fuel the market in the next few years.
- Thermal transfer materials are widely used to manufacture heat conductive adhesive tapes, polymer sheets, and printable products. These polymer sheets are used for labeling, barcodes, and QR code labels for logistics, retailing, and consumer goods. This is projected to fuel the demand for thermal transfer materials in the next few years.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Thermal Transfer Material Market? Ask for the report brochure here
E-commerce Industry Expansion to Fuel Thermal Transfer Material Market
- Rapid penetration of Internet and growth in the e-commerce industry in developing countries are majorly driving consumer goods and retail industries. This is leading to an increase in globalization in developing countries such as Brazil, South Korea, China, and India.
- Excellent retail industry growth trends are fuelling demand for online purchase of various products across the globe. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for printable films and sheets in printing of labels, barcodes, and QR codes. This is likely to boost the demand for thermal transfer material market in the near future.
- Global Internet penetration has reached around 60% in 2018. It stood at 56% in 2017 and 52% in 2016. This is driving online purchase of clothing, electronics goods, and consumer goods. Increase in access of Internet among the young generation is a key factor expected to boost the demand thermal transfer materials during the forecast period.
Consumer Goods Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Rapid industrialization and improved ranking for ease in doing business among emerging countries such as South Korea, India, Italy, Spain, and South Africa are fuelling the logistics and transportation industries
- High demand for thermal transfer materials such as Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), Polyurethane (PU), Vinyl, and Silicone in several end-use industries is projected to fuel the thermal transfer material market during the forecast period
- Polyurethane delivers excellent thermal transfer properties due to the long polymer chain structure. These characteristics lead to an increase in effective heat conductive properties. This is likely to boost the thermal transfer material market during the forecast period.
- Thermal transfer material is gaining momentum in logistics and semiconductor & electronic industries. It is used in the manufacture of heat conductive tapes, sheets, and films in the semiconductor & electronics industry. This is anticipated to propel the demand for thermal transfer material market in the next few years.
Volatile Raw Material Prices to Hamper Market
- High dependency of crude oil for the manufacture of raw materials is expected to hamper the thermal transfer material market in the near future
- Fluctuation in prices of raw materials is likely to create a supply and demand gap between supplier and end-user industries. The supply and demand gap for thermal transfer material may hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Stringent regulations of government for the manufacturing companies to manufacture polymers may hinder market expansion. The production process can harm the environment due to high amount carbon emission. This is likely to hamper the demand for thermal transfer materials during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Thermal Transfer Material Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Lead Global Thermal Transfer Material Market
- Rise in demand for products made from heat transfer materials such as tapes and films in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to boost the thermal transfer material market during the forecast period
- Increase in Internet penetration in developing economies of Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam is likely to generate lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of thermal transfer materials
- According to A. T. Kearney, the retail development index for Asia Pacific market ranked India at the top position in the list among other countries. India was ranked the top position retail development index in 2017, due to the rise in FDI investment, increase in income level of the middle class, and stronger economic growth since the last few decades.
- The U.S. is one of the prominent leaders in retail sales, which were valued at around US$ 3,109 Bn in 2017 with CAGR of approximately 3.4%. This trend is likely to continue in North America during the forecast period.
Key Players in Thermal Transfer Material Market
Large numbers of large and small manufacturers operate in the global market across the globe. Major players operating in the global thermal transfer material market include:
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Orion Industries Incorporation
- 3M Company
- Stahls' International
- Specialty Materials
Global Thermal Transfer Material Market: Research Scope
Global Thermal Transfer Material Market, by Material
- Others (Vinyl)
Global Thermal Transfer Material Market, by End-use
- Logistics & Transportation
- Consumer Goods
- Semiconductors & Electronics
- Others (Food, Beverages)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.