Tert-butyl Acetate Market: Low VOC-emitting solvent
- Tert-butyl acetate (TBAc) is the fourth isomer of butyl acetate. It is widely used as a solvent in the production of inks, lacquers, industrial cleaners, thinner, adhesives, and enamels due to its camphor or blueberry-like odor. It is soluble in ether and alcohol; however, it is highly insoluble in water. It is also utilized as a gasoline additive.
- Recently, it gained VOC exempt status from the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
- Tert-butyl acetate is extensively employed in various applications including paints & coatings, gasoline additive, flavors & fragrances, pharmaceutical, electronics, textile, and agriculture. Among these applications, paints & coating is a leading application segment and holds a major share of the market. Tert-butyl acetate is available in low purity (>99%) and high purity (<99%) levels. High purity based tert-butyl acetate is majorly consumed in pharmaceutical and electronic applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of tert-butyl acetate market
- Tert-butyl acetate is a low toxic and non-hazardous solvent that is used in polymerization reaction in order to produce resins. It has high solvency power for various resin systems such as acrylic, alkyd, urethane, polyester, and nitrocellulose. It is highly suitable for epoxy resin and amine cured two component epoxy resin system.
- Rising demand for low VOC based epoxy coatings for architectural and protective low-viscosity vehicle coating for automotive applications is driving the global tert-butyl acetate market. Tert-butyl acetate is also utilized in the flavors & fragrance industry due to its sweet aroma and characteristic fruity flavor. Rising demand for tert-butyl acetate as a fragrance & artificial essence in certain food products such as bakery, ice cream, cheese, and perfumes, is another key factor driving the tert-butyl acetate market
- Tert-butyle acetate is a non-halogenated solvent and has equivalent solvency power to hydrocarbons and chlorinated solvents. It has high cleaning efficiency and hence, widely used in specialized equipment cleaning and metal degreasing applications.
- Rising demand for non-halogenated solvents in various industrial applications due to their low toxicity and environment-friendly nature is driving the global tert-butyl acetate market. Additionally, rising government efforts to reduce VOC emissions and hazardous air pollutants is prompting manufacturers to develop formulations that pose low environmental hazard. All these factors are driving the global tert-butyl acetate market.
Electronic and pharmaceutical segment to offer attractive opportunities
- Preference for tert-butyl acetate as a solvent is rising in the electronic industry. It is utilized in photoresist formulations, which are used to manufacture chips in the semiconductor industry. Furthermore, it is also utilized to remove solder flux and clean and degrease circuit boards.
- Rising research activities and FDI investment in field of semiconductor processing, typically in Japan, China, and South Korea, is likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of tert-butyl acetate in the near future
- Rising demand for processing solvent in the chemical industry and extraction agent to produce drugs for cancer patients and antibiotics, typically in the pharmaceutical industry, is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers operating in the tert-butyl acetate market.
Intense competition from counterparts and high flammability to hamper tert-butyl acetate market
- Tert-butyl acetate faces intense competition from counterparts such as xylene, toluene, esters, 1,3-butadiene, formaldehyde, ketones and hydrocarbons. These solvents are less expensive and possess similar evaporation and solvency rate as that of tert-butyl acetate, which in turn is likely to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- These solvents are recognized as VOC solvents and hazardous air pollutant; however, stringent regulations on VOC emitting solvents in mature economies, such as the U.S. and various countries in Europe such as the U.K., Germany, and France, are likely to propel the demand for tert-butyl acetate during the forecast period
- Tert-butyl acetate is a highly flammable liquid and hence, has to be stored in stainless steel containers. Exposure to tert-butyl acetate in case of a spill or while handling may cause alcohol intoxication, dizziness, and skin irritation.
Asia Pacific expected to hold lion’s share of the global tert-butyl acetate market
- In terms of region, the demand for tert-butyl acetate can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of tert-butyl acetate, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for automotive coatings in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to fuel the demand for tert-butyl acetate during the forecast period. Additionally, rising demand for nitrocellulose-based lacquers in the building & construction industry across developing economies of Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to manufacturers of tert-butyl acetate operating in the region.
- Rising FDI investment in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is another factor that is likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period
- Rising demand for low VOC emitting solvents for industrial applications, such as cleaning dirt, grease, soot, and paint debris, is propelling the demand for tert-butyl acetate in North America and Europe
- Rising import of tert-butyl acetate in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to its excellent solvent power and low VOC emissions is likely to boost its demand in both regions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on tert-butyl acetate market here
Key players operating in the tert-butyl acetate market:
Demand for tert-butyl acetate is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 30% to 40% of the global market. Key players operating in the global tert-butyl acetate market include
- LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- Guangdong DeRong Chemical Co., Ltd
- Yueyang Fuhe Technology Co., Ltd.
- Yueyang Juyuan Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Jigs Chemical
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Shenzhen Prechem New Materials Co.,Ltd.
Global Tert-butyl Acetate Market: Research Scope
Global Tert-butyl Acetate Market, by Purity
- High Purity (>99%)
- Low Purity (<99%)
Global Tert-butyl Acetate Market, by Application
- Paints & Coatings
- Gasoline Additive
- Flavors & Fragrances
- Others (textile and agricultural)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.