Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market: agrochemical formulations
- Adoption of modern agricultural practices and advanced technologies such as “agriculture 4.0,” a kind of precision farming, is expected to be a major driver of the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period
- Rise in concerns about food security across the globe is another factor anticipated to drive the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period
- Synthetic agriculture surfactants are additives used in agrochemical formulations to improve the effectiveness of agricultural pesticides. These surfactants decrease the surface tension of water in spray solution of pesticides, thereby improving its wettability, spreading ability, retention, and penetration on the leaf surface.
- Surfactants lower the required quantity of pesticides, as less active compounds are needed during foliar uptake. This decreases the overall cost and pollution. This surfactants are applied to crops through pesticide formulations such as herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, foliar nutrients, and plant growth regulators in order to provide effective crop protection.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market
- The global synthetic agricultural surfactants market is primarily driven by the rise in demand for agrochemicals and high adoption of precision farming and protected cultivation
- Synthetic agricultural surfactants are mainly derived from the chemical synthesis of petroleum or petroleum-based products. Currently, most surfactants available in the market are synthesized from petroleum-based feedstock such as ethylene, benzene, kerosene, and n-paraffins.
- The non-ionic segment occupied major share of the market in 2018, as most synthetic agricultural surfactants are non-ionic and are used for general wetting and spreading. These surfactants are good dispersing agents, stable in cold water, and less toxic to plants and animals.
Herbicide Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The herbicides segment accounted for significant share of the synthetic agricultural surfactants market in 2018. Synthetic agricultural surfactants are primarily used with water-based herbicide spray solutions, as they accentuate the emulsifying, dispersing, spreading, wetting, or other surface modifying properties of liquids.
- Surfactants are almost always present in herbicide treatment solutions with the aim to improve spray droplet retention on and penetration of active ingredients into plant foliage. Herbicides are largely used during the production of cereals and grains. Surfactants are used in herbicide treatment solutions for cereals and grains to improve spray droplet retention and penetration of active ingredients into the plant foliage.
Rise in Concerns regarding High Consumption of Pesticides Likely to Hamper Market
- Economic burden owing to the high consumption of pesticides to increase product yield is likely to boost the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market, which reduces the amount of agrochemical to be used by increasing its retention, penetration and spreading ability.
- Genetically modified seeds ensure increase in yield with reduction in the usage of agrochemicals and pesticides. This is expected to be hamper the synthetic agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in emphasis on sustainable farming is adversely affecting the usage of agrochemicals. This is likely to prove a threat to the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market here
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market
- North America held key share of the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market in 2018, due to the presence of well-established agricultural industry, high agriculture expenditure, and strong emphasis on technologically advanced farming techniques & products. Major players such as DowDuPont and Helena Chemical Company are also investing significantly in R&D to develop new and innovative products.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the agricultural surfactants market in the near future. The market in the region is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period. High agricultural growth due to expansion of the population, presence of fertile & arable land, major agriculture occupation dependent population, lucrative government schemes, and rise in agriculture-related R&D & farming techniques are anticipated to contribute significantly to the market during the forecast period.
- Europe is also estimated to play a vital role in the synthetic agricultural surfactants market due to the presence of developed agriculture industry and strong emphasis on research & development of innovative & technologically advanced products during the forecast period
- The synthetic agricultural surfactants market in Latin America is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to the presence of leading producers of agricultural (Brazil and Argentina) in the world in the region
Key Players in Market
Major players operating in the synthetic agricultural surfactants market include:
- Evonik Industries
- Huntsman Corporation
- Helena Chemical Company
- Croda International
- Stepan Company
- Wilbur-Ellis Company
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market: Research Scope
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Type
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Application
- Others (Fertilizers, Micronutrients, Bio-stimulants, and Disinfectants)
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Others (Sugarcane, Plantation Crops, and Turf & Ornamentals)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.