Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market: agrochemical formulations
- Adoption of modern agricultural practices and advanced technologies such as “agriculture 4.0,” a kind of precision farming, is expected to be a major driver of the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period
- Rise in concerns about food security across the globe is another factor anticipated to drive the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period
- Synthetic agriculture surfactants are additives used in agrochemical formulations to improve the effectiveness of agricultural pesticides. These surfactants decrease the surface tension of water in spray solution of pesticides, thereby improving its wettability, spreading ability, retention, and penetration on the leaf surface.
- Surfactants lower the required quantity of pesticides, as less active compounds are needed during foliar uptake. This decreases the overall cost and pollution. This surfactants are applied to crops through pesticide formulations such as herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, foliar nutrients, and plant growth regulators in order to provide effective crop protection.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market
- The global synthetic agricultural surfactants market is primarily driven by the rise in demand for agrochemicals and high adoption of precision farming and protected cultivation
- Synthetic agricultural surfactants are mainly derived from the chemical synthesis of petroleum or petroleum-based products. Currently, most surfactants available in the market are synthesized from petroleum-based feedstock such as ethylene, benzene, kerosene, and n-paraffins.
- The non-ionic segment occupied major share of the market in 2018, as most synthetic agricultural surfactants are non-ionic and are used for general wetting and spreading. These surfactants are good dispersing agents, stable in cold water, and less toxic to plants and animals.
Herbicide Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The herbicides segment accounted for significant share of the synthetic agricultural surfactants market in 2018. Synthetic agricultural surfactants are primarily used with water-based herbicide spray solutions, as they accentuate the emulsifying, dispersing, spreading, wetting, or other surface modifying properties of liquids.
- Surfactants are almost always present in herbicide treatment solutions with the aim to improve spray droplet retention on and penetration of active ingredients into plant foliage. Herbicides are largely used during the production of cereals and grains. Surfactants are used in herbicide treatment solutions for cereals and grains to improve spray droplet retention and penetration of active ingredients into the plant foliage.
Rise in Concerns regarding High Consumption of Pesticides Likely to Hamper Market
- Economic burden owing to the high consumption of pesticides to increase product yield is likely to boost the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market, which reduces the amount of agrochemical to be used by increasing its retention, penetration and spreading ability.
- Genetically modified seeds ensure increase in yield with reduction in the usage of agrochemicals and pesticides. This is expected to be hamper the synthetic agricultural surfactants market during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in emphasis on sustainable farming is adversely affecting the usage of agrochemicals. This is likely to prove a threat to the market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market here
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market
- North America held key share of the global synthetic agricultural surfactants market in 2018, due to the presence of well-established agricultural industry, high agriculture expenditure, and strong emphasis on technologically advanced farming techniques & products. Major players such as DowDuPont and Helena Chemical Company are also investing significantly in R&D to develop new and innovative products.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing region of the agricultural surfactants market in the near future. The market in the region is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period. High agricultural growth due to expansion of the population, presence of fertile & arable land, major agriculture occupation dependent population, lucrative government schemes, and rise in agriculture-related R&D & farming techniques are anticipated to contribute significantly to the market during the forecast period.
- Europe is also estimated to play a vital role in the synthetic agricultural surfactants market due to the presence of developed agriculture industry and strong emphasis on research & development of innovative & technologically advanced products during the forecast period
- The synthetic agricultural surfactants market in Latin America is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period owing to the presence of leading producers of agricultural (Brazil and Argentina) in the world in the region
Key Players in Market
Major players operating in the synthetic agricultural surfactants market include:
- Evonik Industries
- Huntsman Corporation
- Helena Chemical Company
- Croda International
- Stepan Company
- Wilbur-Ellis Company
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market: Research Scope
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Type
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Application
- Others (Fertilizers, Micronutrients, Bio-stimulants, and Disinfectants)
Global Synthetic Agricultural Surfactants Market, by Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Others (Sugarcane, Plantation Crops, and Turf & Ornamentals)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.