Super Calendared Paper Market: Introduction
- In paper manufacturing, calendaring is a process of smoothing a surface of paper by pressing it between hard pressure rollers or cylinders at the end of the papermaking process. Calendaring is a standard part of papermaking process and occurs in-line, as paper is being produced. Supercalendered paper is a highly cost-effective paper majorly used in magazine publishing. Additionally, it is often utilized for mass circulation publications, direct advertising pieces, and newspaper supplements.
- Super calendared papers are utilized for catalogs, publishing or coupons; super calendared products range from 65 brightness super calendared B paper to 80 brightness super calendared A++ paper. Several super calendared grades are a competitive alternative to lightweight coated ground wood.
- In super calendared paper, the calendar stack is a series of hard pressure rollers used to smooth or form a sheet of plastic or paper film. It is primarily known for its glossiness and ultra-smoothness. The super calendar machine gives the paper a high-gloss finish, dependent on how long the calendar needs to be made. Super calendar is a vertical alternating stack of soft cotton rolls and hard polished steel. The hard roll is pressed heavily as compared to the soft roll. As paper web passes through nip, force generated as soft roll struggles to come back to its original dimensions buffs paper, generating additional luster and enamel-like finish typical of the super calendared paper.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Super Calendared Paper Market
- Increase in adoption of super calendared paper products to manufacture inserts, flyers, and circulars is a major factor boosting the demand for these super calendared products. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global super calendared paper market during the forecast period. Additionally, an increase in the demand for super calendar paper in order to manufacture customized coupons is another factor that is expected to boost the demand for super calendar papers.
- Demand for super calendared paper is rising significantly in manufacturing catalogs and magazines, owing to a rise in the demand for personalization and customization of advertisement media in various industrial sectors such as automotive and consumer goods. This is another factor that is estimated to drive the global super calendared paper market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for super calendared paper for use in applications, such as commercial printing, is another factor that is expected to further propel the global super calendared paper market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Significant Growth of Global Electronics Industry
- Based on type, the global super calendared paper market can be segmented into bleached, natural & custom colors, silicone coated, and others. The silicone coated segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to an increase in the demand for silicone coated super calendared paper due to its superior quality and a wide base of suppliers. It also offers better performance as compared to that offered by traditional super calendared papers.
- Based on application, the global super calendared paper market can be divided into inserts/flyers/circulars, coupons, catalogs, magazines, general commercial printing and others. The catalogs segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to rapid expansion of the advertisement sector in developing as well as developed countries.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Super Calendared Paper
- In terms of region, the global super calendared paper market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a leading share of the global super calendared paper market during the forecast period. Demand for super calendared paper from the rapidly expanding advertisement industry in the region, particularly in countries such as India and China, is anticipated to rise during the forecast period. Additionally, several applications and features of super calendared papers are expected to offer significant opportunity to manufacturers in countries in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global super calendared paper market was highly fragmented in 2018, and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Major market players are also engaged in substantial mergers and acquisitions activities in order to expand their product offerings.
Key manufacturers operating in global market include:
- Stora Enso
- UPM-Kymmene Oyj
- Catalyst Paper
- Port Hawkesbury
- PG Paper
- Smurfit Kappa
- Resolute Forest Products
Global Super Calendared Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Super Calendared Paper Market, by Type
- Bleached, Natural & Custom Colors
- Silicone Coated
Global Super Calendared Paper Market, by Application
- General commercial printing
Global Super Calendared Paper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.