Super Calendared Paper Market: Introduction
- In paper manufacturing, calendaring is a process of smoothing a surface of paper by pressing it between hard pressure rollers or cylinders at the end of the papermaking process. Calendaring is a standard part of papermaking process and occurs in-line, as paper is being produced. Supercalendered paper is a highly cost-effective paper majorly used in magazine publishing. Additionally, it is often utilized for mass circulation publications, direct advertising pieces, and newspaper supplements.
- Super calendared papers are utilized for catalogs, publishing or coupons; super calendared products range from 65 brightness super calendared B paper to 80 brightness super calendared A++ paper. Several super calendared grades are a competitive alternative to lightweight coated ground wood.
- In super calendared paper, the calendar stack is a series of hard pressure rollers used to smooth or form a sheet of plastic or paper film. It is primarily known for its glossiness and ultra-smoothness. The super calendar machine gives the paper a high-gloss finish, dependent on how long the calendar needs to be made. Super calendar is a vertical alternating stack of soft cotton rolls and hard polished steel. The hard roll is pressed heavily as compared to the soft roll. As paper web passes through nip, force generated as soft roll struggles to come back to its original dimensions buffs paper, generating additional luster and enamel-like finish typical of the super calendared paper.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Super Calendared Paper Market
- Increase in adoption of super calendared paper products to manufacture inserts, flyers, and circulars is a major factor boosting the demand for these super calendared products. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global super calendared paper market during the forecast period. Additionally, an increase in the demand for super calendar paper in order to manufacture customized coupons is another factor that is expected to boost the demand for super calendar papers.
- Demand for super calendared paper is rising significantly in manufacturing catalogs and magazines, owing to a rise in the demand for personalization and customization of advertisement media in various industrial sectors such as automotive and consumer goods. This is another factor that is estimated to drive the global super calendared paper market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for super calendared paper for use in applications, such as commercial printing, is another factor that is expected to further propel the global super calendared paper market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Significant Growth of Global Electronics Industry
- Based on type, the global super calendared paper market can be segmented into bleached, natural & custom colors, silicone coated, and others. The silicone coated segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to an increase in the demand for silicone coated super calendared paper due to its superior quality and a wide base of suppliers. It also offers better performance as compared to that offered by traditional super calendared papers.
- Based on application, the global super calendared paper market can be divided into inserts/flyers/circulars, coupons, catalogs, magazines, general commercial printing and others. The catalogs segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to rapid expansion of the advertisement sector in developing as well as developed countries.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Super Calendared Paper
- In terms of region, the global super calendared paper market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a leading share of the global super calendared paper market during the forecast period. Demand for super calendared paper from the rapidly expanding advertisement industry in the region, particularly in countries such as India and China, is anticipated to rise during the forecast period. Additionally, several applications and features of super calendared papers are expected to offer significant opportunity to manufacturers in countries in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global super calendared paper market was highly fragmented in 2018, and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Major market players are also engaged in substantial mergers and acquisitions activities in order to expand their product offerings.
Key manufacturers operating in global market include:
- Stora Enso
- UPM-Kymmene Oyj
- Catalyst Paper
- Port Hawkesbury
- PG Paper
- Smurfit Kappa
- Resolute Forest Products
Global Super Calendared Paper Market: Research Scope
Global Super Calendared Paper Market, by Type
- Bleached, Natural & Custom Colors
- Silicone Coated
Global Super Calendared Paper Market, by Application
- General commercial printing
Global Super Calendared Paper Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.