Rubber Curing Chemicals Market: Introduction
- Rubber, in its natural state, deforms easily when it is warm and becomes brittle during cold conditions. It is unable to exhibit properties that make it a flexible and valuable material for many finished products. With the help of curing chemicals, the long polymer chains that rubber is composed of become cross-linked. This prevents the chains from moving independently, thus allowing the material to stretch under stress and then return to its original shape when the stress is released.
- Curing is a chemical process employed in process engineering and polymer chemistry that produces the toughening or hardening of a polymer material by cross-linking of polymer chains
- Various types of rubber curing chemicals used in industries across the globe are sulfur, peroxides, metallic oxides, acetoxysilane, and urethane cross-linkers. These are primarily employed in the tire industry.
Key Drivers of Rubber Curing Chemicals Market
- Advancement in production and management systems has revolutionized the automobile industry over the last decade. Expansion in the automotive industry, particularly in Europe, is expected to drive the rubber curing chemicals market during the forecast period.
- The automotive industry in India produced 30,915,420 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers, and quadricycles in April–March 2019 as against 29,094,447 in April–March 2018, registering a growth of 6.26% over the same period in the last year. This increase in the automotive production is expected to augment the need for tires, thus propelling the rubber curing chemicals market during the forecast period.
- The electronics industry requires rubber parts that can help combat electromagnetic interference, resist chemical intrusion, and seal openings from moisture, contaminants, and dust. The electronics industry in India is considered one of the fastest-growing industries in terms of production and export. Thus, expansion of the electronics industry is anticipated to drive the market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Environment and Health Regulatory Concerns Estimated to Restrain Rubber Curing Chemicals Market
- Governments of various countries are enacting stringent regulations on rubber curing chemicals due to their hazardous impact on human health and the environment. This is projected to adversely affect the rubber curing chemicals market during the forecast period.
- Several regulatory bodies such as the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) have imposed strict policies regarding the usage of hazardous chemicals and disposal of polluted wastewater from rubber processing. This is likely to disrupt the demand for rubber curing chemicals, thereby hampering the rubber curing chemicals market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Rubber Curing Chemicals Market
- In terms of region, the global rubber curing chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a highly promising end-use market and is expected to remain the same in the near future. Constant growth in the manufacture of products for usage in the region and for export purposes is driving the demand for rubber curing chemicals in Asia Pacific. Increase in population and expansion of end-use industries have led to innovation and developments in end-use industries, making these strong hubs of application industries across the globe. Furthermore, significant investment in the automotive sector is expected to drive the demand for rubber curing chemicals during the forecast period.
- The rubber curing chemicals market in North America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global rubber curing chemicals market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- BASF SE
- Arkema SA
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- King Industries Inc.
Global Rubber Curing Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Rubber Curing Chemicals Market, by Type
- Metallic Oxides
- Urethane Cross-linkers
Global Rubber Curing Chemicals Market, by Technique
- Sulfur Vulcanization
- Other Curing Techniques
Global Rubber Curing Chemicals Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
- Wind Energy
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.