Rectified Spirit Market: Known as Ethyl Alcohol and Industrial Alcohol
- Rectified spirit is also known as neutral spirit in the form of ethyl alcohol. It is an industrial alcohol used for different applications. The ethanol is purified through repeated distillation process, which is known as rectification. In most countries, rectified alcohol is known as denatured alcohol.
- Rectified spirit in undiluted form contains 95% alcohol by volume (ABV). The practical limit of high purity consists of 97.2% ABV. The neutral spirit is primarily made from agricultural grains such as corn, grapes, tubers, sugarcane, and other fermentable plant materials. Large quantities of rectified spirit is primarily distilled from wines in vineries.
- Rectified spirits are majorly employed in applications such as liqueurs, brandy, and blended whiskey. They are also used in alcoholic punch, cocktails, and mocktail drinks in bars and restaurants in several countries. Major industrial applications of rectified alcohol include fragrances, flavors, paints, inks, coatings, and personal care products.
Key Drivers of Rectified Spirit Market
- Rectified spirit is employed in a broad range of commercial applications including beer production, food processing, and biofuel. Ethyl alcohol is emerging as a major biofuel owing to its excellent chemical properties in the automotive industry. Major countries are shifting from conventional fuel to emerging biofuels for automotive applications. Governments of many countries are reducing dependence on fossil fuels such as petrol and diesel. This is projected to boost the demand for rectified spirit across the globe during the forecast period.
- Increase in consumption of malted liquors is expected to drive the demand for rectified spirit during the forecast period. Ethanol is one of the prominent additives used in whiskey, rum, and beer products. Rise in demand for liquor products is anticipated to boost the rectified spirit market during the forecast period.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Rectified Spirit Market, Request a Brochure here
Fuel Application Segment to Create Lucrative Opportunities for Rectified Spirit Market
- Based on application, the rectified spirit market can be divided into pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetic products, beverages, fuels, flavors & fragrances, agricultural chemicals, and others. The fuels segment is expected to hold major share of the rectified spirit market during the forecast period.
- Developed countries are shifting toward biofuel for commercial transportation in order to reduce their dependence on fossil fuels. This is projected to boost the demand for rectified spirit in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Account for Key Share of Global Rectified Spirit Market
- Geographically, the global rectified spirit market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to lead the global rectified spirit market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by North America and Europe.
- Rise in demand for biofuels in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to boost the demand for rectified spirit during the forecast period
- Increase in demand for personal care products and cosmetic products in developing economies such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam is likely to offer lucrative opportunities to the rectified spirit market in the next few years
- The rectified spirit market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the next few years. Presence of established personal care and pharmaceutical industry players is driving the demand for rectified spirit in these regions.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Rectified Spirit Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Market
The global rectified spirit market is fragmented due to the presence of large number of companies. Key players operating in the global rectified spirit market include:
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Cargill Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Jubilant Life Sciences
- Grainotch Industries ltd
- DALMIA BHARAT LTD
- Solvay Group
- Pioneer Distilleries Limited
Global Rectified Spirit Market: Research Scope
Global Rectified Spirit Market, by Product Type
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Methyl Alcohol
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Iso-butyl Alcohol
Global Rectified Spirit Market, by Application
- Personal Care & Cosmetics Products
- Flavors & Fragrances
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Others (Industrial Chemicals, Laboratory)
Global Rectified Spirit Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.