Rectified Spirit: Introduction
- Rectified spirit is also known as neutral spirit in the form of ethyl alcohol. It is an industrial alcohol used for different applications. The ethanol is purified through repeated distillation process, which is known as rectification. In most countries, rectified alcohol is known as denatured alcohol.
- Rectified spirit in undiluted form contains 95% alcohol by volume (ABV). The practical limit of high purity consists of 97.2% ABV. The neutral spirit is primarily made from agricultural grains such as corn, grapes, tubers, sugarcane, and other fermentable plant materials. Large quantities of rectified spirit is primarily distilled from wines in vineries.
- Rectified spirits are primarily employed in applications such as liqueurs, brandy, and blended whiskey. They are also used in alcoholic punch, cocktails, and mocktail drinks in bars and restaurants in several countries. Major industrial applications of rectified alcohol include fragrances, flavors, paints, inks, coatings, and personal care products.
Key Drivers of Global Rectified Spirit Market
- Rectified spirit is employed in a broad range of commercial applications including beer production, food processing, and biofuel. Ethyl alcohol is emerging as a major biofuel owing to its excellent chemical properties in the automotive industry. Major countries are shifting from conventional fuel to emerging biofuels for automotive applications. Governments of many countries are reducing dependence on fossil fuels such as petrol and diesel. This is projected to boost the demand for rectified spirit across the globe during the forecast period.
- Increase in consumption of malted liquors is expected to drive the demand for rectified spirit during the forecast period. Ethanol is one of the prominent additives used in whiskey, rum, and beer products. Rise in demand for liquor products is anticipated to boost the rectified spirit market during the forecast period.
Global Rectified Spirit Market: Segmentation
- The global rectified spirit market can be segmented in terms of product type and application
- In terms of product type, the global rectified spirit market can be segmented into ethyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, and isobutyl alcohol. Ethyl alcohol and methyl alcohol segments are expected to expand significantly in terms of volume in the near future.
- Based on application, the rectified spirit market can be divided into pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetic products, beverages, fuels, flavors & fragrances, agricultural chemicals, and others. The fuels segment is expected to hold major share of the rectified spirit market during the forecast period. Developed countries are shifting toward biofuel for commercial transportation in order to reduce their dependence on fossil fuels. This is projected to boost the demand for rectified spirit in the near future.
Global Rectified Spirit Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global rectified spirit market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Based on application, the rectified spirit market can be divided into pharmaceuticals, personal care & cosmetic products, beverages, fuels, flavors & fragrances, agricultural chemicals, and others. The fuels segment is expected to hold major share of the rectified spirit market during the forecast period.
- Developed countries are shifting toward biofuel for commercial transportation in order to reduce their dependence on fossil fuels. This is projected to boost the demand for rectified spirit in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact on the Global Rectified Spirit Market:-
- Demand for rectified spirit is significantly high in fuels, pharmaceuticals, and personal care & cosmetic products. Demand for fuels, pharmaceuticals, and personal care & cosmetic products has been negatively affected during the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. Production of these products has decreased due to lockdown and restrictions on movement of the people. This has adversely affected the global rectified spirit market.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Cargill Corporation
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Jubilant Life Sciences
- Grainotch Industries ltd
- DALMIA BHARAT LTD
- Solvay Group
- Pioneer Distilleries Limited
Global Rectified Spirit Market: Research Scope
Global Rectified Spirit Market, by Product Type
- Ethyl Alcohol
- Methyl Alcohol
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Isobutyl Alcohol
Global Rectified Spirit Market, Application
- Personal Care & Cosmetics Products
- Flavors & Fragrances
- Agricultural Chemicals
Global Rectified Spirit Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.