- The global quinones market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the increasing demand for these derivatives in various industries such as building & construction, automotive, oil & gas, and consumer appliances. Growth in the petrochemical industry in countries in Asia Pacific such as India, Taiwan, and Thailand has also opened new avenues for the quinones market.
- Quinones is a class of organic compounds often found in nature as pigment in animals, plants, and microbes. The main active ingredients of many important traditional Chinese herbs such as rhubarb, cassia, senna, comfrey, giant knotweed, polygonum, and aloe vera are quinone compounds, as these possess hemostatic, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-tumor properties.
- Quinone and its derivatives can be dissolved in methanol, ethanol, ethyl acetate, ethyl ether, benzene, chloroform, and other organic solvents. They are slightly soluble or insoluble in water.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Quinones Market
- Quinones are a class of oxidized organic aromatic chemicals that are derived from simpler aromatic compounds such as benzene and naphthalene. Quinone and its derivatives are used in a wide range of applications. They are often used as chemical intermediates for the production of pharmaceuticals. They are also employed as fungicides, and as oxidizing agents in chemical synthesis.
- Anthracycline drugs, a class of anthraquinones used as anticancer drugs, are effective against acute leukemia and malignant lymphomas. They are also active in solid tumors, particularly in case of breast cancer.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Chemical Intermediates Application Segment to Offer Immense Opportunities
- In terms of value and volume, the chemical intermediates segment is estimated to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period, owing to the rise in demand for derivatives, including benzoquinone and anthraquinone, in numerous applications. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period due to the growth in pharmaceutical and dyes industries in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa.
- Quinones is widely used as a chemical intermediate for its oxidizing properties and ability to act as a dehydrogenation reagent in a wide variety of chemical syntheses
- Other uses include applications in photography and petroleum products as polymerization inhibitor. Quinone is also considered a biological pigment/dye that is found naturally in certain fungi and many different plant species.
Covid-19 Impact on Quinones Market
Lockdown imposed by governments of various countries in the world to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic has severely impacted the oil industry. Majority of production of quinone and its compounds such as benzoquinone and anthraquinone is generated from crude oil.
- On July 7, 2020, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released data forecasting a drop in production of crude oil and natural gas in the country in 2020. As per the data, crude oil production in the U.S. is expected to decrease by 600,000 barrels per day (bpd) in 2020 to 11.63 million bpd by the end of 2020.
- In April 2020, global crude oil prices declined steeply due to sudden stoppage in global demand for oil and natural gas and restricted travel across the world. Demand for oil and natural gas has started to revive as some countries have eased lockdowns and stay-at-home orders. According to the EIA, global consumption of oil is estimated to decline by 8.15 million bpd to 92.89 million bpd by the end of 2020.
- Decline in prices of crude oil is beneficial for the chemical industry, as decrease in prices of crude oil, a key raw material in chemical production, is likely to lower the overall manufacturing expenses and increase the profitability of companies. Therefore, the impact of Covid-19 pandemic is estimated to be high on the quinones market in 2020 and 2021.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Quinones Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific accounted for significant share of the global quinones market in 2019. It is anticipated to continue its dominance during the forecast period, due to the growth in the pharmaceutical industry. China is the largest producer of specialty chemicals and dyes in Asia Pacific. This is expected to further drive the quinones market in the country.
- North America and Europe also constitute vital share of the global quinones market. The market is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace in these regions due to the implementation of stringent regulations regarding carbon emissions.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be attractive regions of the quinones market during the forecast period. Brazil and Mexico are major manufacturers of pharmaceuticals in the world. They are also manufacturing hubs for numerous industries. Economic growth in these countries is likely to create opportunities for the quinones market in Latin America.
Major Players in Market
Key players operating in the global quinones market include:
- Crystal Quinones Pvt. Ltd
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals
- Manus Aktteva Biopharma
- Zhonglan Industry
- Xiamen Hisunny Chemical
- Haihang Industry
- Merck Millipore
- Shanghai Jianglai
- Yancheng Fengyang Chemical
- Shandong Fine Chemical
Global Quinones Market: Research Scope
Global Quinones Market, by Type
- Benzene Quinone
- Naphthalene Quinone
Global Quinones Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediates
- Dye Intermediates
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.