- Pumice is a naturally occurring extrusive volcanic rock that is produced when lava with high water and gas content is discharged from the volcano. Pumice is a light rock material filled with tiny bubbles of gases, which is obtained after cooling and hardening of lava.
- Pumice are obtained in large chunks or thin powders, also named as ‘pumicite’, which is fine grained ashy version of pumice. Pumice is mostly used in lightweight construction materials, such as concrete block and concrete, across the globe.
- Pumice is produced from open pit mining in desired grades, ranging from lump coarse, intermediate fine to extra fine. Pumice mining is an environment-friendly process because the igneous rock is deposited on the surface of the earth in loose aggregate forms and requires very less machinery for production.
Key Drivers and restraints of Pumice Market
- Increase in demand for building material, such as concrete for building construction sites, is expected to drive the pumice market during the forecast period. Rapid industrialization and urbanization is a major factor propelling investment in the development of residential & commercial buildings. Pumice is lightweight in nature and is employed in construction materials. These characteristics of pumice are driving the pumice market. Furthermore, increase in investment in the mining sector due to focus on development of infrastructure is also anticipated to boost the market.
- Demand for personal care products is increasing, which in turn is expected to drive the pumice market, as pumice is used as an abrasive in personal care products especially in soap manufacturing because it is safe for the body due its non-toxic nature
- Rise in investment in the architecture industry has fueled the demand for pumice, as it is required in large proportion for insulation, roofing, and landscaping. This, in turn, is expected to boost the pumice market.
- Rise in research & development of new building materials is projected to boost the global pumice market between 2021 and 2031. Lightweight pumice concrete offers high elasticity and insulation than other concrete. This property of pumice makes highly preferable over other concrete.
- Shift in trend toward the adoption of eco-friendly products is anticipated to propel the pumice market. The mining of pumice is an eco-friendly process, as it is deposited on the surface of the earth in loose aggregate form.
- Instability in government policies regarding mining and volatility in prices of construction material are also estimated to restrain the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus pandemic completely stopped the world due to the lockdowns imposed in major countries across the globe. Several restrictions were placed on mining activities during the lockdown. Furthermore, major industries such as building materials and infrastructure development had to halt their construction services.
- Building materials and abrasive are major end-users of pumice. Therefore, restriction on construction and manufacturing due to lockdowns negatively impacted the pumice market.
Key Development in Pumice Market
- In June 2020, CR Minerals, a leading manufacturer of high quality pumice products and construction materials, announced to inaugurate a new manufacturing facility in Pueblo, Colorado, U.S.
Global Pumice Market: Key Segment
- The global pumice market can be segmented based on product type, end-user, and region
- Based on type, the global pumice market can be segmented into <2mm diameter, 2-3mm diameter and >3mm diameter
- Based on end-user, the global pumice market can be segregated into building materials, abrasive, horticultural products, and others. The building material segment is expected to hold the major share, owing to an increase in investment in infrastructure activity.
Europe to Constitute Major Share of Global Pumice Market
- The global pumice market can be segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Europe is expected to hold a vital share of global pumice market during the forecast period, due to the ongoing investment in the production of pumice and expansion of mining and activities in the region. Italy accounted for 50% of the global pumice market.
- Middle East is also projected to hold a notable share of the global pumice market during the forecast period, owing to a rise in the production of pumice in Turkey. Turkey is world’s second-largest producer with production capacity of 3 million metric tons.
- The pumice market in North America is likely to expand at a steady pace, owing to an increase in the demand for residential and commercial construction
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global pumice market are:
- Ward Pumice Company
- US Pumice
- Ina Minerals
- General Pumice
- Beaver Pumice
- CR Minerals
Global Pumice Market: Research Scope
Global Pumice Market, by Type
- <2mm diameter
- 2-3mm diameter
- >3mm diameter
Global Pumice Market, by End-user
- Building Materials
- Horticultural Products
Global Pumice Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.