Phenol-functional Polymers: Introduction
- Functional polymers belong to a class of special polymers, wherein the polymeric chains are attached with one or more reactive groups at the end. Functional polymers’ characteristics such as chemical heterogeneity, reactivity, phase separation, and compatibility are enhanced in a reaction with the addition of reactive groups at the end.
- Phenol-functional polymers are often used as adhesion promoters and heat resisting polymers in hot melt adhesives
- Based on type, the global phenol-functional polymers market can be segmented into poly(4-vinylphenol), butylacrylate-acrylonitrile-maleimidophenol (BNM), and others. Poly(4-vinylphenol) is a cross-linking agent used in polymer formulation to enhance adhesion in polymers. It has high stability and complex structure. Furthermore, it offers properties such as excellent dimensional stability, chemical resistance, and thermal stability at 300°C. These attributes of poly(4-vinylphenol) phenol-functional polymers make it an ideal material in manufacture of printed circuits, electric insulators, and polymers for the production of peptide synthesis and antibody binding.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Phenol-functional Polymers Market
Key Drivers of Phenol-functional Polymers Market
- The global electrical & electronics sector has typically expanded by about 3% per year in the 21st century. The sector has expanded significantly in Asia Pacific due to the strong electrical & electronics industry in China, Japan, and South Korea. Asia Pacific accounted for more than half of the production of electrical appliances in the world, while North America and Europe cumulatively contributed about 30% share in 2016.
- Research and development of new technologies is one of the major factors driving the global electrical & electronics sector. Positive economic conditions enable foreign investments, boost infrastructure, and increase purchasing power (import-export scenario) of consumers. The final price of products is cheaper in developing countries, with the availability of cheaper labor and lower manufacturing costs, vis-à-vis that in developed regions. Rise in disposable income and increase in growth of Internet are expected to propel the demand for electronic devices. These factors have led to an increase in production of printed circuits, photoresists, etc., as these are vital materials in the manufacture of consumer electronics products. This is fueling the consumption of phenol-functional polymers as adhesive materials in the manufacture of printed circuits and photoresists.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Phenol-functional Polymers Market
- The electrical & electronics sector has been severely impacted by the increase in spread of the coronavirus pandemic across the globe. The impact of pandemic includes closure of production sites and disruption of supply chain. With the supply chain disruption, the electrical & electronics market is expected to severely impact suppliers through shortage of raw materials as well as that of finished products. Additionally, acceleration in the U.S.-China trade war and tension between India and China are likely to pose a threat to the global trade of raw materials and finished products. These factors are estimated to adversely affect the production and consumption of phenol-functional polymers between 2020 and 2021. However, the global market is expected to recover by the end of 2021.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Phenol-functional Polymers Market
- In terms of region, the global phenol-functional polymers market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of phenol-functional polymers, due to widely distributed disposable income of the people in the region. Furthermore, rapid urbanization, and fast-paced lifestyle are likely to boost the demand for consumer electronics in the near future. Expansion of electronic and semiconductor industries across the region is estimated to offer lucrative opportunity to the market during the forecast period.
- Product improvisation and increase in research & development activities are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to manufacturers in North America. Consumer preference for quality products for usage in semiconductor production is driving the phenol-functional polymers market in Europe.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are less attractive regions of the global phenol-functional polymers market. Limited numbers of producers, high dependence on imports, and high manufacturing costs are hampering the sale of phenol-functional polymers in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Market
- The global phenol-functional polymers market is in the nascent stage. Polysciences, Inc. is a key player operating in the global phenol-functional polymers market.
Global Phenol-functional Polymers Market: Research Scope
Global Phenol-functional Polymers Market, by Type
- Butylacrylate-acrylonitrile-maleimidophenol (BNM)
Global Phenol-functional Polymers Market, by End-use Industry
- Electrical & Electronics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.