Pendimethalin Market Introduction
- Pendimethalin is a member of the dinitroaniline herbicide group. It is a pre-emergence herbicide with residual activity and has broad spectrum control of annual grasses and broadleaf weeds in various crops, horticultural crops, turf, and forestry.
- Pendimethalin acts pre-emergence, that is before weed seedlings have emerged; and early post-emergence. It inhibits root and shoot growth. It controls the weed population and prevents weeds from emerging, particularly during the crucial development phase of the crop.
- In terms of application, the pendimethalin market can be segmented into grass control, crop protection, cell division & inhibition, cell elongation, residential, and others. The cell division & inhibition segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Key Drivers of Global Pendimethalin Market
- Growth in usage of pendimethalin to protect various agricultural crops is expected to boost the consumption of pendimethalin during the forecast period. Pendimethalin protects crops such as wheat, corn, soybean, potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots, and asparagus. It is used to control annual grasses and certain broadleaf weeds, which interfere with growth, development, yield, and quality of agricultural and horticultural crops.
- Increase in usage of pendimethalin as an herbicide in Europe and North America is expected to boost the pendimethalin market in these regions during the forecast period. In areas where weed infestation is particularly high, yield losses can render wheat production economically unviable. In addition to wheat, a large number of crops are grown in Europe that account for relatively small percentage of total agricultural output. Herbicide options are limited for these minor crops, with few effective herbicides available in the vegetable sector. Long-term field studies performed in Germany by governmental research and advisory institutes together with farmers rank pendimethalin as an efficient herbicide to control blackgrass, with regard to weed control efficacy, crop yield, treatment costs, and environmental impact.
Restraints of Global Pendimethalin Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of pendimethalin is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of pendimethalin. Companies find it difficult to meet these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the pendimethalin market, thereby adversely affecting the market.
- Hazardousness of pendimethalin is also estimated to restrain the market growth during the forecast period. Exposure to pendimethalin has been shown to substantially increase the risk of developing pancreatic cancer, one of the most lethal forms of cancer.
Covid-19 Impact on Pendimethalin Market
- Key players operating in the global pendimethalin market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers have spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for pendimethalin is expected to decline in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Pendimethalin Market
- In terms of region, the global pendimethalin market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of the global pendimethalin market in terms of consumption during the forecast period. End-user industries such as agriculture, horticulture, and forestry are rapidly expanding in the region. Rise in disposable income, growth in awareness about herbicides, and increase in commercialization of farming in many countries in Asia Pacific are boosting the consumption of herbicides in the region. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for pendimethalin. Pendimethalin is also used in horticulture and forests to enhance cell elongation of various plants. Rise in awareness about environment conservation is leading to an increase in forestation in China, India, Japan, and South Korea. This is expected to propel the consumption of pendimethalin in these countries.
- Europe is anticipated to account for vital share of the global pendimethalin market during the forecast period owing to presence of major players in the region
Prominent Players in Global Pendimethalin Market
Major players operating in the global pendimethalin market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Adama Agricultural Solutions
- Zhejiang XinNong Chemical
- Jiangsu Yongan Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Rosi Chemical
- Zhejiang Heben Pesticide & Chemicals
- Rallis India
Research Scope: Pendimethalin Market
Pendimethalin Market, by Application
- Grass Control
- Crop Protection
- Cell Division & Inhibition
- Cell Elongation
Pendimethalin Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!