Paper Coating Binders Market: Overview
- Paper coating binder is an important ingredient used in paper coatings. It is utilized to impart adhesion and bind pigment particles to the coating layer of the paper. Paper coating binders are versatile materials employed as coatings over base papers to impart properties such as smoothness, luster, and resistance.
- Coated paper products are treated with plastics, latex, and clay to enhance their esthetic appearance and enhance durability, by improving recyclability & sterility
- Paper coating binders prevent the paper from the turning yellow due to exposure to heat and light. Paper coating binders are fine-sized spherical particles that improve the printing characteristics of paper. They are water-soluble polymers, which influence the color viscosity, size, and water retention capability of paper. Styrene-acrylate copolymer or styrene maleic anhydride copolymer are commonly utilized paper coating binders.
Key Drivers of Paper Coating Binders Market
- Rising demand for coated paper, which is utilized in various applications such as printing, packaging, business communication, and labels, is projected to boost the paper coating binders market
- Manufacturers of coating paper are focused on employing diverse raw materials in order to produce good quality and economical substrates Research is being carried out to develop new binders that possess greater binding strength and contribute differentiating characteristics to the coated paper. This is expected to drive the global paper coating binders market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Packaging industry to dominate global paper coating binders market
- Rising demand for paper for industrial packaging is likely to boost the demand for paper coating binders globally. Expansion of the paper industry is likely to propel the demand for paper coating binders due to an increase in the demand for good quality paper. Consequently, the demand for paper coating binders is expected to rise, as these binders improve stiffness, printability, whiteness and provide resistance against yellowing. Current paper coating binders deliver complete paler binder optimization, and improve runnability by delivering low high-shear viscosity and enhancing water retention, as compared to that offered by traditional paper coating binders.
Paper Coating Binders Market: Restraints
- Widespread digitalization across industries is a key challenge hindering the paper coating binders market. Companies have been replacing brochures, catalogs, and manuals with digital alternatives such as videos and tutorials, thereby avoiding the use of paper. This trend is primarily aimed at the prevention and reduction of deforestation and to avoid carbon emissions during product manufacturing, which harms the environment.
Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global paper coating binders market
- In terms of region, the paper coating binders market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia pacific is expected to dominate the global paper coating binders market due to considerable demand for coated paper, especially from emerging economies such as China and India. High demand for coated paper for packaging and printing applications is expected to drive the paper coating binders market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in North America is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period
- Europe is anticipated to witness high demand for paper coating binders due to focus on the development of new binders owing to stringent regulations regarding environmental impact.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global paper coating binders market include:
- BASF SE
- Trinseo S.A
- Thermax Limited
- Orient Packagings Ltd.
- Raj Chemicals Ltd.
- Celanese Corporation
- Hansol Chemical
- EcoSynthetix Inc.
- Wires And Fabriks (S.A.) Ltd.
- Mayfair Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
Global Paper Coating Binders Market: Research Scope
Global Paper Coating Binders Market, by Material
- Styrene-butadiene binders
- Styrene-acrylate binders
- Acetate coating binders
- Acrylic binders
Global Paper Coating Binders Market, by Material
- Bio-based paper binder
- Petroleum-based paper binder
Global Paper Coating Binders Market, by End-use Industry
- Corrugated Boxes
Global Paper Coating Binders Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.